weight loss after baby

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Sarah&Braydon, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

how long did it take every one to loose there ' baby weight' before i felt pregnant i was either a size 8 or a 10 but i went up to a size 14 but some times 16 argh but thankfully i can now get into my size 10 clothes again and i only gave birth 3 weeks ago

2. honey7733

honey7733 Well-Known Member

aww lucky u

i am just getting my pre-preggers size now....lots of exerise later

3. OverTheMoon

OverTheMoon Well-Known Member

:shock: I'm not even gonna answer that!!!
    Only joking I'm just jealous really! I was a size 10 before PG and am now a size 14 although must admit am finding it hard to find the time to exercise (or is that just an excuse!!) :oops: I can fit into some size 12 stuff but only if i breathe in!!

4. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

My daughter is 12, and before I got pg, I was a size 8. I gave birth Monday morning and left hospital on Friday afternoon in my size 8 jeans!!!! Ha. :D

Unfortunately, as you skinny birds are going to find out, it gets harder to lose after 30. I'm now a size 12, and once i do get pg this time around (everything crossed!!!), I know it's going to be very hard to lose after. :(

5. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

I was a size 8 before I had Ava and now I'm most comfortable in size 10, thanks to my hips! I can still fit into some of my size 8 jeans when they have a little stretch in the hips. The first week post partum, I lost like 20lbs. It's been harder to lose the rest since then. I'm quite happy with my weight right now, 118lbs. I'm not looking to go back down to 103lbs like pre-pregnancy. I just want to tone up!

OvertheMoon, I have trouble finding the time to exercise as well! I think I'll buckle down on Monday.

6. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

I didn't weigh myself during pregnancy and have not since, I just gage it by my clothes and after about 2 months I am starting to get into my old kit, but not my jeans yet ;) am not too bothered though as I am only wearing clothes that are ok to be covered in puke and pee - lol !

7. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

Well from me talking my measurements just before the birth my weight loss has been as follows:

Pre birth 2 weeks post birth
    Bust 38inch 36inch
    Tum 44inch 36inch
    Hips 40inch 40inch
    Thighs 24inch 23inch
    Knees 17inch 16inch
    Calves 15.5inch 15inch

Weight 12st 2lb 10st9lb

So I still have a long way to go. want to be a nice size 12 and 9 and a half stone.
    The anoying thing is that as Im a slim build and tall my post pregnany tum really shows and I still look about 6 months pregnant!

8. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

youll get there in the end!!! where in norfolk are u from i am from colchester

9. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

Im right on the east coast in Beccles, but I moved here 2 years ago as Im born and bread in Chelmsford, so I know Colchester well!

10. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Gave birth a week ago and with clothes on, I LOOK like I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size but it's an optical illusion thanks to my enhanced bust :wink: !! Actually I was a size 8-10, and at the moment only the most generous size 10 trousers fit.

11. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I think you have all done so well! You are all an inspiration to me! There is hope for me yet! i thought it would take me a year to get back to normal, but it looks like this may not be the case afterall.

:D :D

12. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

My hubby prefers me with a bigger tummy and boobs, he says I look like more of a woman - bless him, so I don't really care about loosing the weight, it's all part of the process, although I am glad I am starting to fit back into some of my old gear.

13. marylou

marylou Well-Known Member

i havent really changed size i was size 6/8 pre pg an i still am lol
    lucky me eh? xxx

14. melanieyeah

melanieyeah Well-Known Member

are there no plus size gals in here :'( im all alooone lol..not that im pregnant or given birth lol, seems that everyone is a size 8-10 lol... wish i was ;p

15. Zor-El

Zor-El Well-Known Member

ur not alone mel i can only dream of a size 10 pair of jeans lol :D

16. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

hi Melanie

I was a size 14 / 16 pre pregnancy.

You only look like a size 10 in your piccie though

x