Weight Loss (mine not LO's) - cause for worry?

BabyMagic

Reaction score
I know it is natural for new mums to have some extra weight which is hard to lift so I am wondering if I am the only one who is having issues with the opposite???

My BIM was 18 before I became pregnant. I put on healthy 14 kilos (2.2 stones) when pregnant. I was prepared to start exercising after LO was born to loose it.

As it happens I lost all my pregnancy weight within two months (I am now less than I was before I fell pregnant!) - even though I have exercised less than when pregnant. I feel that LO is feeding me dry :think:

I try to have a healthy balanced diet, but often feel 'no time' to eat as feeding and changing LO or going out takes priority. When pregnant I felt dizzy if I didn't eat but now I am back to pre-pregnant state as skipping meals won't affect me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I worry? Could my weight loss have an impact on breast milk? :oops:

to me its sounds like your just 'one of the lucky ones'

Ive lost all babyweight too - and i also lost it without trying :oops: and very quickly. Ive also heard that when your breastfeeding you do tend to loose the weight ALOT easier then if you werent.

If your weight loss continues, id go for a check-up and just express your worrys to the GP. :hug: :hug:

Yep, I did think that I may belong to the 'one of the lucky ones' group and I have always keen quite thin. I have just started to get a bit worried lately as the weightloss doesn't seem to stop even though I try to eat as much as I get a chance.

It think what got me thinking was as my friend said that if I get too skinny I don't produce enough milk for LO (she is still gaining weight ok). She also said that some harmful chemicals can be reliesed to milk which were previously stored in fat. I wondered if anyone else had heard of this.

My SIL's husband is a gp I may talk to him the next time I see him (even though I find him a bit scary :oops: ).

Perhaps I should stop worrying about the whole issue... Btw, I do have loose skin in my tummy so at least that proves that I have had a baby (not to mention very visible linea nigra!).

I have never heard of the things your friend said. I've lost my baby weight really quickly too, I say just relax and enjoy it. Exercise isn't really important if you are one of those people that rushes around doing everything. I can work up a sweat doing housework so I don't feel the need to go to the gym or anything but it depends how active your life is. Of course, if you are worried about your weight you could always eat a few more cream cakes lol. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back