Weight gain watch/healthy recipes

positivity :)

Reaction score
morning ladies :wave:

so, i've been thinking about my weight a lot over the past week or so. i think i've been quite good so far and only gained what it recommends in my book + 1lb. i've read a few times that in the first 12 weeks you shouldn't gain anything and there after should gain about 1lb per week. well i'm 20 weeks and have put on 9lbs so i'm 1lb over my target which doesn't worry me at all as in the scheme of things its nothing. for my bmi before pregnancy it recommends i only gain 15-25lbs throughout (quite a wide range!) and i've decided i am going to try my best to make sure i dont go over 25lbs extra weight.

anyone else want to join me? i was thinking to help each other along we could post healthy recipes and tips?

so im going to start with a nice recipe i found the other day, its a healthy curry which counts as one of your five a day..

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1324/chilli-chicken-curry

xxx

Edit: i'm not suggesting anyone should eat less than they want or should be watching their weight too closely, more a 'make sure i don't go crazy on cake' suggestion!! xx

Last edited:
I sooo want to join you hun...I have only gained 7lb so far but think I lost quite a bit at the beginning so may have been more but im 7lb over my pre pregnancy weight.

Thing is Im still kind of eating as and when I fancy it as at times I still cant stomach anything :( baby is healthy so not too concerned but still would like to be eating regularly :) xx

Hey pos

I'm with you, but not sure i'll be able to be as strict as you (my willpower is nil recently)

Cant decide wether I actually want to

A) lose weight coz i've put on loads during pregnancy (its safe as long as u eat so many cals).

or

B) Try to maintain the weight I have.

btw - i'm too scared to weigh to see how much i've put on but already went up at least a clothes size in trousers (leg, not stomach)

With my 1st child I was a size 8 before pregnancy and was a 22 after birth, I lost it all a couple of years later but no way I wanna get that big again.

:shock:

I sooo want to join you hun...I have only gained 7lb so far but think I lost quite a bit at the beginning so may have been more but im 7lb over my pre pregnancy weight.

Thing is Im still kind of eating as and when I fancy it as at times I still cant stomach anything :( baby is healthy so not too concerned but still would like to be eating regularly :) xx

i know it sounds dull but i eat raisins, nuts, crackers and a bowl of branflakes at the moment when i get the urge, dont get me wrong, when i fancy something 'bad' i am having it just not going crazy!! xx

Hey pos

I'm with you, but not sure i'll be able to be as strict as you (my willpower is nil recently)

A) lose weight coz i've put on loads during pregnancy (its safe as long as u eat so many cals).

or

btw - i'm too scared to weigh to see how much i've put on but already went up at least a clothes size in trousers (leg, not stomach)

With my 1st child I was a size 8 before pregnancy and was a 22 after birth, I lost it all a couple of years later but no way I wanna get that big again.

wow size 8 - 22!!! that is a lot, did you eat really badly? a few of my friends say 'its the only time you can eat what you want' i think there is an element of truth to that but now they are struggling with their weight post baby!! xx

i say go for it girls! i was told my recommended weight gain was 20-30lb and i've put on just over 30lb, but i didn't put much effort into staying to any target! so i'd say you can defiantly do it! hope it goes well for you all x

sorry to gatecrash...

i feel too tired and rough to do much at the moment, but once i hit tri 2 and i feel a bit better, i am going top start walking with my pregnant friend in the evenings and also start swimming...

i am finishing work when i am about 30 weeks and that means i can actually be more active than if i were at work, being stuck at my desk all day...so fingers crossed i will be able to keep a handle on my weight gain

xx

Hey pos

or

wow size 8 - 22!!! that is a lot, did you eat really badly? a few of my friends say 'its the only time you can eat what you want' i think there is an element of truth to that but now they are struggling with their weight post baby!! xx

Yes, probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life was eating for 2. And I was led to believe (by friends/family ect) that it would be easy to lose as I was breastfeeding. Reality is, its harder to lose after baby coz your body is totally different...and its very hard to get time to prepare healthy meals, let alone time to exercise, god I barely slept for 4 months let alone exercise. When baby sleeps, wether its at night/during day its a mad rush to put on washings/clean up ect.

Eating for 2 will literally make you twice the size! I was eating more for meals, more snacks in between and would have 2 dinners every night.

I put on just over 6 stone. Went into a bigggg depression after birth coz i went from 8-22 was over 15 stone for a good couple of years after birth - lost 5 1/2 stone about 2 years ago and it was really hard work, but the buzz was amazing. I have nightmares about being 15 stone again. :cry:

I was told to eat for two as well when I was pregnant but seriously you eat good portion and when you get hungry and snack healthy snack like apple, dry snack and do alot of walking is part of good exercise.. thats what Ive done and manged to stay in good weight..just need to tone up the stone.. am still same jean I used to wear before pregnant.

Hey pos

or

Yes, probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life was eating for 2. And I was led to believe (by friends/family ect) that it would be easy to lose as I was breastfeeding. Reality is, its harder to lose after baby coz your body is totally different...and its very hard to get time to prepare healthy meals, let alone time to exercise, god I barely slept for 4 months let alone exercise. When baby sleeps, wether its at night/during day its a mad rush to put on washings/clean up ect.

Eating for 2 will literally make you twice the size! I was eating more for meals, more snacks in between and would have 2 dinners every night.

I put on just over 6 stone. Went into a bigggg depression after birth coz i went from 8-22 was over 15 stone for a good couple of years after birth - lost 5 1/2 stone about 2 years ago and it was really hard work, but the buzz was amazing. I have nightmares about being 15 stone again. :cry:

well it sounds like you wont get to that again? must have been very hard to lose, my weight has always been up and down and when i'm on the heavier side i hate it :(

I was told to eat for two as well when I was pregnant but seriously you eat good portion and when you get hungry and snack healthy snack like apple, dry snack and do alot of walking is part of good exercise.. thats what Ive done and manged to stay in good weight..just need to tone up the stone.. am still same jean I used to wear before pregnant.

i really must walk more, just looking online for a pregnancy yoga class to start but they don't seem to run in august :roll: they start again in september :wall2: so i think i'm going to try to swim once or twice a week throughout august xx

Pos when I started reading your post I read " i think i've been quite good so far and only gained what it recommends in my book + 1lb" and thought how the hell have you only gain 1lb! and then I carried on reading :roll: I'm up for keeping an eye on things so far have gained 8lbs but have deffinately develpoed an increased appetite recently which is not good so I'm going to have to ease up on the bad foods and switch them for better stuff. I was a bit scared to read expect to gain 0.5kg a week from now on, is this right? or have I misread it? x

Love this idea. I lost 2 and a half stone about 2 years ago but have slowly put it back on :roll:, which I'm really annoyed about. When I found out I was pregnant, I'd put on a stone and a half and now I'm 7lbs up, and am over the healthy bmi. I really need to get my bum in gear now I'm starting to feel normal. I've got a weight in mind (a stone heavier than I am now) that I ideally don't want to go over. I'm fine with weight gain if it's baby, but not when it's me pigging out, which it has been to date!

Good luck girls.

xx

i really must walk more, just looking online for a pregnancy yoga class to start but they don't seem to run in august :roll: they start again in september :wall2: so i think i'm going to try to swim once or twice a week throughout august xx

Yeah babe, try everything you can but remember this is not end of the world..as seeing you picture you dont need to loose that much..why dont you just enjoy your pregnancy, relax and eat healthy three meal and good snack...think about the dieting after you have the baby.. Your body needs all the goodness it need..so dont overlap yourself with exercise... be happy be positive..All the best!!

Great idea ladies no eating for two!! You only need an extra 300 calories during the last trimester , equal I believe to two extra slices ofk toast per day!!!

I did swimming , only started when I was 34 weeks preg , like samsgirl said you end up doing more exersize when you go on maternity than before, (I know thats not normally the time to takme up a new sport!) but I just did breaststroke and swam several times a week till 39 weeks, and It felt great. Now post baby I am yet to go back to swimming, 6.5 mths on............. need I say more

I'm finding it tough to keep up with the exercise when it's really hot.
I've been walking to work which takes me about half an hour in the morning but it's the coolest time of day.
Any later on and my feet are so swollen it's hard enough walking to the bus stop!

I got OH to download me these 2 dvd's, I plan to do a bit every night along with some stretches and light weights, wanted to start back on my exercise bike, but OH has told me i'm not allowed. Might get away with the odd 20 mins every night, plus I want to use my light weights to tone my arms. Not sure about calorie counting, I really want to do it (with the correct amount for pg woman) but i'm worried about not being able to weigh myself properly. I use weighing as my motivation, even though there is always weeks you dont lose and you put on, majority of times theres a loss and i kinda need that to stay motivated, so dont know how i'd measure my loss during pregnancy.

Here's the 2 dvd's i've got -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Minute-Solution-Prenatal-Pilates/dp/B001U3EOJY

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Davina-Pre-...YTCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311175130&sr=8-1

Love this idea. I lost 2 and a half stone about 2 years ago but have slowly put it back on :roll:, which I'm really annoyed about. When I found out I was pregnant, I'd put on a stone and a half and now I'm 7lbs up, and am over the healthy bmi. I really need to get my bum in gear now I'm starting to feel normal. I've got a weight in mind (a stone heavier than I am now) that I ideally don't want to go over. I'm fine with weight gain if it's baby, but not when it's me pigging out, which it has been to date!

Good luck girls.

xx

yep me too hun, was put on steroids last october when i was a healthy weight, the steroids added nearly 2 stone!!! :shock: and then i fell preggers!!!! bloody typical!!

xxx

Yeah babe, try everything you can but remember this is not end of the world..as seeing you picture you dont need to loose that much..why dont you just enjoy your pregnancy, relax and eat healthy three meal and good snack...think about the dieting after you have the baby.. Your body needs all the goodness it need..so dont overlap yourself with exercise... be happy be positive..All the best!!

aw thank you lovely :hugs: i'm not dieting just trying to stop myself from pigging out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back