Weight gain watch/healthy recipes

Great idea ladies no eating for two!! You only need an extra 300 calories during the last trimester , equal I believe to two extra slices ofk toast per day!!!

I did swimming , only started when I was 34 weeks preg , like samsgirl said you end up doing more exersize when you go on maternity than before, (I know thats not normally the time to takme up a new sport!) but I just did breaststroke and swam several times a week till 39 weeks, and It felt great. Now post baby I am yet to go back to swimming, 6.5 mths on............. need I say more

yeah swimming is meant to be great. u don't look like you need to lose any weight hunxx

I'm finding it tough to keep up with the exercise when it's really hot.
I've been walking to work which takes me about half an hour in the morning but it's the coolest time of day.
Any later on and my feet are so swollen it's hard enough walking to the bus stop!

im sooooooooo naughty, my work is a 20 minute walk away, if i walked there and back each day i'd be doing enough exercise for the week..but i drive :blush:

xx

I got OH to download me these 2 dvd's, I plan to do a bit every night along with some stretches and light weights, wanted to start back on my exercise bike, but OH has told me i'm not allowed. Might get away with the odd 20 mins every night, plus I want to use my light weights to tone my arms. Not sure about calorie counting, I really want to do it (with the correct amount for pg woman) but i'm worried about not being able to weigh myself properly. I use weighing as my motivation, even though there is always weeks you dont lose and you put on, majority of times theres a loss and i kinda need that to stay motivated, so dont know how i'd measure my loss during pregnancy.

Here's the 2 dvd's i've got -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Minute-Solution-Prenatal-Pilates/dp/B001U3EOJY

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Davina-Pre-...YTCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311175130&sr=8-1

i HATE HATE HATE my bingo wings, its the worst part of my body :cry:

xx

my weight gain has slowed down a lot lately, which i guess is baby using more of what i'm eating. so far only put on 1 stone 8 pounds but don't want to put on more than another stone. basically I started at 11.4 (had some post christmas weight, normally sit at around 10.12ish) and don't want to go past 14 stone.

I've got a few more weeks till I start maternity but I'm planning on going swimming 4 or 5 times a week if anythings to give myself some form of cardio exercise to help when I'm in labour and to maybe try and do something about my flabby arms and legs.

I've not been counting calories at all, but find some days I just can't satisfy my hunger and others I just never get hungary at all.

Ive put on over a stone already!! But that was due to me not doing exercise and basically eating complete junk. Now I do Zumba and go walking and Im gonna do begin spin (I used to do spin 3 times a week) Im getting a heart monitor to make sure I dont overdo it. As I wanna stay the weight I am now for a few weeks, as in lose some of my blubber but gain in baby, as there is no need for the size I am. Everyone keeps commenting on my size and everything I eat so Im starting to get abit paranoid. As OH always tells me Im beautiful and sexy :) xxx

I got OH to download me these 2 dvd's, I plan to do a bit every night along with some stretches and light weights, wanted to start back on my exercise bike, but OH has told me i'm not allowed. Might get away with the odd 20 mins every night, plus I want to use my light weights to tone my arms. Not sure about calorie counting, I really want to do it (with the correct amount for pg woman) but i'm worried about not being able to weigh myself properly. I use weighing as my motivation, even though there is always weeks you dont lose and you put on, majority of times theres a loss and i kinda need that to stay motivated, so dont know how i'd measure my loss during pregnancy.

Here's the 2 dvd's i've got -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Minute-Solution-Prenatal-Pilates/dp/B001U3EOJY

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Davina-Pre-...YTCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311175130&sr=8-1

I have these two dvds too. Trying to do each one twice a week now, working out 4 times in total.

hi i could do with some help and advice! this is my first baby and i am gettin really stressed at work ive been having time off for been stressed i also work as a care assistant i love my job but all the moving and helping is like pulling my stomache and back n i am scared incase im putting my baby in danger im gettin stressed over wether i will get sacked because ive had so much time of or wether ill be entilted to a sick note to be able to relax and calm down :( xx

Hey Pos, I'm with you on this! Haven't weighed myself for a while but think i've definitely put on a little more than i should as i notice my bum and thighs seem fatter :shock: At my booking in appointment, at 12+6wks, i was 74.1kg. I've not been weighed by a midwife or anything since, which is a bit crap as i don't think the scales i've got at home are accurate so don't want to go by them. Think i will go and weigh myself in boots tomoro and find out what the damage is so far!!

I don't work in kg's but have worked it out to be about 11st 7lbs??? Which i think is only a few lbs over my norm (i'm 5ft 9 and quite curvy!).

Loving the curry recipe, have you made it yet? I might have a go but replace the chicken with quorn as i'm a veggie. xxx

Last edited:
hi i could do with some help and advice! this is my first baby and i am gettin really stressed at work ive been having time off for been stressed i also work as a care assistant i love my job but all the moving and helping is like pulling my stomache and back n i am scared incase im putting my baby in danger im gettin stressed over wether i will get sacked because ive had so much time of or wether ill be entilted to a sick note to be able to relax and calm down :( xx

i work in HR and i can tell you for sure you can't be sacked. ur work should do a risk assessment for you which would result in you not moving things.

it sounds like ur managers dont know ur rights so if i were you i would get the doctor to sign you off or write a letter to them.

x

Hey Pos, I'm with you on this! Haven't weighed myself for a while but think i've definitely put on a little more than i should as i notice my bum and thighs seem fatter :shock: At my booking in appointment, at 12+6wks, i was 74.1kg. I've not been weighed by a midwife or anything since, which is a bit crap as i don't think the scales i've got at home are accurate so don't want to go by them. Think i will go and weigh myself in boots tomoro and find out what the damage is so far!!

I don't work in kg's but have worked it out to be about 11st 7lbs??? Which i think is only a few lbs over my norm (i'm 5ft 9 and quite curvy!).

Loving the curry recipe, have you made it yet? I might have a go but replace the chicken with quorn as i'm a veggie. xxx

yeah i've made that recipe a few times, its qutie tasty!!

it seems that most of us have only put on a little weight then!? i'm going to post some more low fat recipes when i get chance :)

xx

hi im on the other end of this as i am 24 weeks and not gained any weight whatsoever in fact ive lost it when i had morning sickness and not put it back on, ok so im no super slim person im a size 14 i eat healthy ish x and am active, have my 2 horses to look after each day, walk the dogs and a full time job.

is anyone this way round????

I think I'm just eating pretty much what I did before. Luckily, I don't often fancy junk food (she types while tucking into a packet of quavers!! LOL), I'd rather have a nice tasty lunch/dinner rather than junk and I'm trying to make sure I have quite a bit of fruit during the day (at least 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 nectarine and 2 clementines). I started out about 54kgs (8st 7lbs) and last weighed 60.2kgs (9st 6.7lbs) so a gain of 6.2kgs (13.7lbs) on Friday at 27 weeks. I feel HUGE already and can't believe I've got another 13 weeks to go.

I need help and advice please...???

I had a really bad eating habit pre pregnancy and litterally lived on nothing but fruit and 1 main meal which was tiny.. i was a bit of a control freak i jogged for an hour after work and went on the treadmill too worked on the wii fit then moved to the xbox kinect and even done early morning walks and stretches before work.

i moved to my mams after leaving the ex and my routine changed dramatically, i litterally jogged a few times a week then i fell pregnant and stopped jogging because i was worried for the baby.

Ive completely changed my attitude towards food, i eat 3 meals a day and snack on fruit (not all meals are super healthy and some snacks are doritos and chocolate)

Ive gone from working so hard to get into my 8st9 (size 8/10) and have now hit 10st6 (still 10 but only because of my mat pants) i feel so low its ridiculous and im shocked its never hit me before now, i guess i was just thinking for baby and now im fretting for my body. i used to be self concious anyway but jesus i hate my body... (sounds strange but not my bump) just my legs and bum ive not looked in a mirror for a while and i did yesterday and felt sick at the cellulite...

I can work at it im just lost at what i can and cant do, it so hard when people around me arent very healthy eaters and dont exercise either. I was hoping ill be ok to go straight to exercising after the pregnancy but i have a feeling if i get much bigger it will instantly put me on a downer and ill just wallow in self pity... pathetic, i know :( but i dont want to get in that rut.

I have passed the heaviest ive ever weighed and that was 10st.

xx

I had a really bad eating habit pre pregnancy and litterally lived on nothing but fruit and 1 main meal which was tiny.. i was a bit of a control freak i jogged for an hour after work and went on the treadmill too worked on the wii fit then moved to the xbox kinect and even done early morning walks and stretches before work.

i moved to my mams after leaving the ex and my routine changed dramatically, i litterally jogged a few times a week then i fell pregnant and stopped jogging because i was worried for the baby.

Ive completely changed my attitude towards food, i eat 3 meals a day and snack on fruit (not all meals are super healthy and some snacks are doritos and chocolate)

Ive gone from working so hard to get into my 8st9 (size 8/10) and have now hit 10st6 (still 10 but only because of my mat pants) i feel so low its ridiculous and im shocked its never hit me before now, i guess i was just thinking for baby and now im fretting for my body. i used to be self concious anyway but jesus i hate my body... (sounds strange but not my bump) just my legs and bum ive not looked in a mirror for a while and i did yesterday and felt sick at the cellulite...

I can work at it im just lost at what i can and cant do, it so hard when people around me arent very healthy eaters and dont exercise either. I was hoping ill be ok to go straight to exercising after the pregnancy but i have a feeling if i get much bigger it will instantly put me on a downer and ill just wallow in self pity... pathetic, i know :( but i dont want to get in that rut.

xx

:hug:

Your right, the more you put on the more ur motivation just dies. Try not too go on too much of a downer, you've not put on that much, and 10 stone is a healthy weight, i'd say. But at least your doing something about it. I literally wanted to throw myself out a window when I went from 9 stone to 15, words cant describe how horrific that feels. And I fell out with EVERYONE for not telling me I was looking that big. It soooo just creeps up.

xx

:hug:

Your right, the more you put on the more ur motivation just dies. Try not too go on too much of a downer, you've not put on that much, and 10 stone is a healthy weight, i'd say. But at least your doing something about it. I literally wanted to throw myself out a window when I went from 9 stone to 15, words cant describe how horrific that feels. And I fell out with EVERYONE for not telling me I was looking that big. It soooo just creeps up.

Thanks, it does creep on.. i think because my shoulders and face are quite slim and dont seem to gain weight (not that ive noticed but then i do see them parts everyday) i dont realise how much im putting on else where. i have naturally curvy waist and chunky thighs.

I went for a walk to my sisters last night and i was shattered! i feel so unfit, even if i wanted to go jogging my body wouldnt take it.

Im definately up for tring to control my pregnancy weight gain :)
x

ladies, i'm the only one to post a recipe so or tip so far...:clock:

xx

Lisa 85 - I've continued exercising throughout, it's perfectly safe cos your body is used to it. You need to take it in 10 min bursts then rest for 2-5 mins keeping your heart rate at 140 or less. Exercises that move your arms and legs are best to keep your blood flowing and stop you feeling faint. Stay away from ab exercises and lying down, light weights with high reps are also ok if you did weights before. I heard about a women at the gym (a doctor) who continued to run 10k every day as until the day she gave birth! Swimming is also great so maybe try that?

I always eat about an hour before and drink double what I normally would during exercise. When I get back I make a smoothie as it hydrates and gives you energy till lunch time. I feel I have more energy and less tired when I've been to the gym than when I haven't.

Pos - i did a recipe thread a while back, I'll put a link to it when I find it but nobody really replied to that either!

Couldn't get the link to work but this was the recipe I put up, I make it quite often as it seems pretty good for you and if you need the loo it helps! Plus it fills you up as a snack! It's a lot moister than you would expect too!

Eggless, Fatless, Sugarless Fruit Cake

175g/6oz Wholemeal Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
50g/2oz Ground Almonds
2 tsp Mixed Spice
Rind of an orange or lemon
2 tblsp Orange Juice
275ml/1/2pint Water
110g/4oz Dates
110g/4oz Apricots
450g/1lb Mixed Fruit

-Soak the all the fruit and rind overnight in the water and orange juice (more orange juice can be added and less water if you want a more orangey flavour).
-Add all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
-Cook in a 2lb loaf tin for 11/2 hours covering for the last half an hour at 160c/gas mark 3

Sorry, I don't do any low anything recipes!! If you want any of my other recipies I'll be happy to share - maybe you could adapt them?!!

Couldn't get the link to work but this was the recipe I put up, I make it quite often as it seems pretty good for you and if you need the loo it helps! Plus it fills you up as a snack! It's a lot moister than you would expect too!

Eggless, Fatless, Sugarless Fruit Cake

175g/6oz Wholemeal Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
50g/2oz Ground Almonds
2 tsp Mixed Spice
Rind of an orange or lemon
2 tblsp Orange Juice
275ml/1/2pint Water
110g/4oz Dates
110g/4oz Apricots
450g/1lb Mixed Fruit

-Soak the all the fruit and rind overnight in the water and orange juice (more orange juice can be added and less water if you want a more orangey flavour).
-Add all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
-Cook in a 2lb loaf tin for 11/2 hours covering for the last half an hour at 160c/gas mark 3

sounds yumms!! thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back