Weaning and dairy Free

ZMD

Reaction score
Tegan had her pediatrician and Dietician follow up appointments tuesday and they don't want to try introducing dairy until she's 1, so Im really stuck on knowing what to give her food wise! the Dietician basically said anything Not containing milk But what can i give her for breakfast? just fruit? she's 22 weeks now, when can she start having proper food?
weaning really confuses me!! x

I'm doing blw which is from 6 months but started it on Saturday which was exactly a week before ge was 6 months. You could give her different fruits, dairy free yogurt, dairy free cereal etc

I am loving blw! It's so easy and Seb is having so much fun! Which makes it 100 times easier for me because he's enjoying himself :) it's brilliant!

I'm doing blw which is from 6 months but started it on Saturday which was exactly a week before ge was 6 months. You could give her different fruits, dairy free yogurt, dairy free cereal etc

I am loving blw! It's so easy and Seb is having so much fun! Which makes it 100 times easier for me because he's enjoying himself :) it's brilliant!

I really want to do blw! can you give them pretty much anything? i've started Purees as her milk just wasn't satisfing her anymore can i still switch to blw when she's 6 months?
i can't believe Seb is 6 months already! xx

He'll be 24 weeks on Saturday (I started a week early lol)! I can't believe it either!

You can give them anything unless there's history of allergies and then you have to be careful what food is introduced. For example today Seb has had-
Apple wholegrain organic cereal
Plum and pear
Banana
Cucumber
More plum
Carrot sticks

Yesterday he had

Pear and banana
Carrot sticks
Roasted courgette, mushrooms, red pepper and yellow pepper
Grilled chicken

The scariest thing with blw is when they gag but that's the way they move food around their mouths and blw teaches them to chew and then swallow. You have to get rid of the 'they're not eating enough' idea when blw as at first they spit bits out and only eat bits and bats buts it's all about taste, texture, having fun and joining in with the family! It's brilliant!

Tegan had her pediatrician and Dietician follow up appointments tuesday and they don't want to try introducing dairy until she's 1, so Im really stuck on knowing what to give her food wise! the Dietician basically said anything Not containing milk But what can i give her for breakfast? just fruit? she's 22 weeks now, when can she start having proper food?

I'm having the same issue, however I had conflicting information from my pead, dietician and hv! Useless lot! So I'm none the wiser!
Dietician said nothing until a year, maybe soya yogurts but nothing else! Pead said I could introduce small bits if cheese at 6 months and them milk, and hv just told me to make him some cakes! As they have a small amount if milk in! Yes and also a load of sugar :wall:
So confused! I'm spoon feeding at the moment varied veg and fruit but have just started giving bits of banana, I may try carrot next week!
There's so many things they can't have! Not sure what to do really :(

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

I'm having the same issue, however I had conflicting information from my pead, dietician and hv! Useless lot! So I'm none the wiser!
Dietician said nothing until a year, maybe soya yogurts but nothing else! Pead said I could introduce small bits if cheese at 6 months and them milk, and hv just told me to make him some cakes! As they have a small amount if milk in! Yes and also a load of sugar :wall:
So confused! I'm spoon feeding at the moment varied veg and fruit but have just started giving bits of banana, I may try carrot next week!
There's so many things they can't have! Not sure what to do really :(

I had no idea just how many things had dairy in!! my hv said try yogurt and cheese But Im taking the pediatrician advice and nothing till 1! are they hoping henry will outgrow the allergy? xx

I hope so! I may try soya stuff an see how he goes :)

I've been thinking about this as it seems Isla is allergic to cows milk protein so we have been advised to avoid it until she is 1.

However, she hasn't actually been tested to confirm the allergy. I went to the GP today and he eventually agreed to getting a blood test so we'll see...

We got told therd was no test for cma.....hmmmmm... wer going back to our paed on thurs and ill bet were going to get slightly different information to all of you lol......just the way it goes but v.irritating. tbh im gonna do what my mum did and try him on a little bit every once in a while to gage his reaction and eventually (prob around the one mark) start weaning him on to cows milk..... ill let you know what our paed says we can compare notes lol x

Its all so conflicting isn't it? i don't want to give her dairy and make her ill x

We got told that as there was no test for it we would have to try him on it every few months to see what his reaction was.....makes me sad....

I was told there wasnt a test either. So many different opinions, will be good to hear what your pead says :)
I think I may try the odd thing now and again as well, we'll see.

He'll be 24 weeks on Saturday (I started a week early lol)! I can't believe it either!

You can give them anything unless there's history of allergies and then you have to be careful what food is introduced. For example today Seb has had-
Apple wholegrain organic cereal
Plum and pear
Banana
Cucumber
More plum
Carrot sticks

Yesterday he had

Pear and banana
Carrot sticks
Roasted courgette, mushrooms, red pepper and yellow pepper
Grilled chicken

The scariest thing with blw is when they gag but that's the way they move food around their mouths and blw teaches them to chew and then swallow. You have to get rid of the 'they're not eating enough' idea when blw as at first they spit bits out and only eat bits and bats buts it's all about taste, texture, having fun and joining in with the family! It's brilliant!

can I come to yours for dinner lol xx

I was told there wasnt a test either. So many different opinions, will be good to hear what your pead says :)
I think I may try the odd thing now and again as well, we'll see.

My GP did say that the test isn't always accurate - can give false positives or false negatives... He said that clinical tests (i.e trying to reintroduce cows milk and seeing what happens) is the most reliable way... Not keen to do that either though!

We got told it couldn't be tested for as it wasn't an allergy. Its an inability to break down certain proteins as oposed to a bee sting allergy or fur allergy etc....your body doesn't react in the same way to an allergy as a cma......

We all seem to be told so many different things! have you started weaning your little man yet? If so what on earth do you give him for breakfast? Im finding this so hard! xx

organix do pure fruit pots and fruit and cereal pots maybe thats the way to go?
Or what about the breakfasts that you add water to (not sure if they contain dairy though)

organix do pure fruit pots and fruit and cereal pots maybe thats the way to go?
Or what about the breakfasts that you add water to (not sure if they contain dairy though)

All the packets of cereal i've looked at have milk already in it, she'll just to have fruit, i've got her some weetabix try tomorrow mashed with her milk i may add some banana to it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back