Weaning help

Jazz

Reaction score
We started weaning layla at 12 weeks she will take any thing we give her fruit, veg etc but would like to keep the food interesting for her wonder if any one has any tips on what I can make her :)

Lots of views but only 1 reply and no advice am I doing something wrong

Aw Jazz, of course you're not doing something wrong! What age is she now, I'm on my phone so can't see tickers.
Have you looked at the anabel karmel website? You can buy her books which have loads of recipes in it!

X

Wss^^^^^
I also can't see tickers. How old LO now?

Yeah I'd look online for recipes. Can you not blend up whatever you eat? Without salt? X

She's 5 months 3 weeks started weaning at 12 weeks, im not sure if i can blend up what im having hopefulmummy thats why i was looking for advice :)

I waited until 6 months so I'm not 100% certain and don't wanna give bad advice. I'd look at annabel karmel's site too as I've heard that she's good for tw x

Sorry hun, I looked at your post I thought baby was 12 weeks and you were asking what to give! My thoughts were whoever advised you to wean should have advised you what to give (I am on my phone so can't see sigs either).

With Georgie I tend to have a cooking day. I always steam lots of carrot as it's sweet and the basis of most of her foods. I tend to add butternut squash, swead, parsnip, sweet potato, broccoli, sprouts whatever I have in really.
I also do apple and pear and freeze.

I tend to mix sweet with savory to just to give a different taste.

She also has finger food. I have to be careful with what else I give her as she was dairy sensitive so no butter cheese etc. I am still not eating dairy because of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

I wanted to wait to wait untill 6 months but layla had really bad refulx wouldn't take bottles and dropped off weight chart, she was also have episodes of going blue and stopping breathing as the acid was burning her mouth ect and it was making her panic :( when we started solids it got better so was right for her and now she is weaned off all her meds to :dance: I will take a look at web site, we are waiting for appointment to see some about about her diet. All really confusing

i'd reccommend the annabel karmel book as well. some of the recipes are gorgeous for adults too and she goes through in her book what you can and can't have.

i just got mine off amazon and it was a bit reduced.

poor wee thing and her reflux, its horrible to see them in pain.

That must have been super scary hun - glad she is better now tho poor thing.

The ak website is very good as mentioned above x

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Oh gosh you must have gotten a scare :(

It's only a few weeks till you're able to introduce meat, fish etc.

Hope the AK website gives you some ideas. My mum has printed a few off for me recently.

Good luck with it all and hope the appointment goes ok
X

Was really horrible :( I will look for book and web site, babys love to scare us x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back