I'm stuck with weaning!

mookie

Reaction score
I have been weaning my dd now for about 3 weeks. I wanted to wait longer but she was having none of it. This time I have decided to make my own purees but I'm really stuck!!

she's had:

mango
apple
banana
baby breakfast
potato
sweet potato
pea
butternut squash
broccoli
carrot

What else can I give her? I'm really stuck for combinations and ideas for new food and what I can and can't give her. dd is 6 months in a few days.

Please help!!!!!

I think after six monhs you can pretty much give her anything - except cows milk and honey xx I think they reccomend leaving eggs till nine months incase of allergies x you can cook with cows milk (mashed potatoes etc) so whatever you're having for your tea you could just mash and give it to her - she will hopefully like it :) x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Thanks Froslass. Z really enjoys her food and is very open to new flavours, she gets so excited when she sees her bowl. I'm really looking forward to her eating our meals.

What about things like olive oil? I roasted all my veg in it, only use a splash or two xx

Have you considered blw? I did purée's at first but quickly did blw as it was so much easier! I just have her whatever I was eating. She'd have porridge or toast and fruit for breakfast (I fed her the porridge) and then lunch and dinner was what I ate. So things little cottage pie, a really mild chilli etc. rice and pasta I found were brilliant. It's messy but I think that's part of the fun.

But even if you still do purée's she can eat what you're eating but just blended :) from 6 months they can pretty much have anything.

I tried blw with some carrot and z gagged but daddy thought she was choking and started slapping her on the back. Z was upset because she got a little hurt and shocked and it very nearly broke dh's heart he was so scared. Blw is the way I was intending on going but dh really isnt happy. Don't really know how to cross that bridge

Aww that must of been horrible. I remember when i first started doing it I gave her toast and totally panicked at first! So we did a combination or blw and purée that worked for us and by 8 months it was purely blw.

I'd say them just whizz up whatever you're having for dinner and maybe add a little water if it comes out a bit thick. :)

I hated weaning at first as it seemed so confusing and all the effort involved! But I gets easier lol.

Thanks so much! Dh felt so embarassed because he got it wrong but I tried to tell him he acted perfectly and super quick, if anything had of gone wrong his quick actions woud have saved her but that didn't make him feel much better x

my Health visitor told me gagging is Ok the first wee while because they're just getting used to how far they can put things in and it's not the same as choking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back