Washing cloth nappies??

l_maclean

Reaction score
Do you use anything special?? Or just ordinary washing powder??

Xxx

i have napisan and so far ive just used my ordinary detergent. someone told me the other day i shouldnt use the napisan on the nappies as it damages them or something.....

Normal washing powder but only a spoonful of it. You don't need to wash it on a boil wash either, 30 is fine. Best to do an extra rinse as well. If you use a full amount of powder it clogs the nappies and they can't absorb as much. :)

Thanks guys. I was just gonna use my fairy, but the MIL mentioned nappisan, s o I thought I better check. Xxx

im gonna save the napisan for really soiled things

I used napisan every other wash and all the nappies were fine :)

napisan is really old fashioned and shouldn't be used on modern all in ones, that have a pul outer as it damages them, i also find it makes any bamboo insterts that you use really crunchy. i use the tots bots potion or the mio one which you can get in boots etc. that and a tablespoon (at the most) of ordinary washing powder.

they both sanitise at 30 so i wash mine at 30 and haven't had any stains etc and have used mine for 6 months so far...

I use half the dosage of fairy and no fabric conditioner, they seem fine

I use the mio one. Normal fairy non bio washing powder with a scoop of Mio, no fabric conditioner. Seems to work fine.

I usually do a mixed load that includes the nappies so use the normal amount of detergent (not noticed any absorbancy issues so far) and a scoop of Miofresh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back