Cloth nappies

titch

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting some, Ive seen a special offer in mothercare. What exactly will I need? Buckets with lids? How many? what solution do you need to soak them in? Anything else Im missing?!

I need to work out if it will actually save us money. Also does anyone use cloth nappies use a childminder? What do you do on a practical level with that?

i was asking this before, im worried as madison is in a size 6 nappy , and not sure if or what wud fit her xx

yeah Im not sure what size I would need either :/ have a look at mothercare, theyre half price at the mo and they have 3 for 2 on everything so I reckon its the cheapest way to do it. Apart from maybe second hand?

tbh i think i wud ebay one if someone was able to tell me which to buy, theyre v expensive if theyre not going to b used! xx

gah, confusion! Nappy pads or nappy liners? disposable or reusable? I have no idea what to put in my cart!!

tbh i think i wud ebay one if someone was able to tell me which to buy, theyre v expensive if theyre not going to b used! xx

I think Ill get covers from ebay, but I literally have no idea what is needed. Im gonna go on bambiomio website, maybe they'll expain it!

P.S. Ive found that a large is defined as 20lb - 30lb so that what Im gonna get, LO would only be in medium for a few weeks the rate hes growing!

Is it the mothercare smartnappy tiny? I love these now that Lizzie is a bit older :)

Is it the mothercare smartnappy tiny? I love these now that Lizzie is a bit older :)

everythings 3 for 2 but the bambino mio range are also up to half price, so its double bargain :yay:

I think Ive worked this out. Id need 1 or 2 nappy covers per day. Actual cloth nappies (6 ish per day) and liners. Then Id need a bucket with a childproof lid (!) and some napisan.

Am I right?!

Last edited:
Yep I'd say I use 2-3 inserts/pads to each outer, so 2 outers a day and 6 pads. Also use liners now that pooh is a bit more solid - they're not worth it if pooh is runny lol!

I don't bother soaking mine, just put them in a dry bucket with some tea tree then when I wash them I just shove some napisan stuff in with them then. Also remember not to use fabric softener, but apparently you can use white vinegar and lavender in the wash to soften them a bit. Haven't tried this myself yet :)

BTW, the smartnappy outers are much better than bambino...smartnappies have kind of a 'sling' for the pad to slot into, whereas the bambino is literally just a nappy-shaped bit of plastic iykwim??

Yep I'd say I use 2-3 inserts/pads to each outer, so 2 outers a day and 6 pads. Also use liners now that pooh is a bit more solid - they're not worth it if pooh is runny lol!

I don't bother soaking mine, just put them in a dry bucket with some tea tree then when I wash them I just shove some napisan stuff in with them then. Also remember not to use fabric softener, but apparently you can use white vinegar and lavender in the wash to soften them a bit. Haven't tried this myself yet :)

thankyou! Do you use disposable liners?

I have about a billion types, by faves are Tots bots easy fits, Bum genius pockets. They are just so easy to use you can't go wrong. BG flips are fab also.

I just put mine in a basket of their own til I'm ready to wash them.

I use normal washing powder, sometimes with napisan in, or Rockin Green which is especially for nappies. Have a look on cheeks and cherries website. I find them really helpful there

I do use disposable liners cos it's easier for chucking pooh away :) But there has been the odd occasion where I've accidentally put one in the wash and it's come out fine. So it's not like when you leave a tissue in your pocket and it disintegrates over everything lol :)

Thankyou so much, Im really learning so much here!

So now i just need to work out the cheapest way to do this! we're so broke :/

I have 5 disposable nappies left and once they're out Im not buying anymore. I got out of the habit of using reusables and theyre just sat there doing nothing!

I like bambino mios, although dont use them all the time. Im a fan of wraps with inserts now, whether thats a prefold or an insert like a Flip. Flips are usually on offer somewhere!

Tiny, did you want me to send you some nappies to try? Thats what I did for ROL. I dont have any smart nappies though, but I could send a few others.

grrr mothercare isnt applying the 3 for 2 offer on my cart. I worked out I could get 3 outers and 12 resuable nappy pads and 100 flushable liners for about 3 quid but its not reducing it!

lol that was supposed to say 30 quid. Imagine if it was 3 quid!!

I have 5 disposable nappies left and once they're out Im not buying anymore. I got out of the habit of using reusables and theyre just sat there doing nothing!

I like bambino mios, although dont use them all the time. Im a fan of wraps with inserts now, whether thats a prefold or an insert like a Flip. Flips are usually on offer somewhere!

Tiny, did you want me to send you some nappies to try? Thats what I did for ROL. I dont have any smart nappies though, but I could send a few others.

are you sure?! that would be brilliant :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back