Just bought cloth!!

Hey clairebear, I was like you, nerves hit me and started using disposables but now on the cloth and wish we'd started sooner, loving them. No chemical smells and so easy to deal with. You mentioned wanting to get reusable wipes. I've just got wipes from cheeky wipes website and they and fabulous, smell great, easy to use, perfect fresh bag for out and about and can already see how much money we are going to save!
X

Hey hun, got some wipes from ebay :) We're getting on really well at the moment apart from constantly clock watching to change him every 2hrs at the moment. We home all day for the next 2 days so i'm going to see if I can push it to 2.5hrs. He's drinking tons because of the weather at the moment which doesn't help lol x

hmm emma drinks a litre of formula a day and her's don't leak and i change every 3-4 hours. (i don't use them overnight) They should last longer than 2 hours! Where are they leaking from?

From either side of his legs. I've put an extra booster in the one he's wearing now and so far it's been on for 3hrs 15mins with no leaks!! It look very bulky though although he doesn't seem to care! But i'm going to have a look at whats on the market and buy pre-loved ones until we find one that works for him x

:wave: Well done for using cloths!! I have used them for 5 years on both my boys and they have changed even in that short time!! Still using them now on my 2 year old, just revving up for potty training now. Will miss my nappies ! :)

I've just odered a Flip nappy trial pack. I'm also liking the look of gnappies! x

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338321180.384062.jpgI use gnappies and I can't recommend them highly enough. By far the best we've used, never had a leak even when he had a tummy bug. They are quite snug to the thigh too which I like. This isn't a great picture but here he is in one

I liked the look of the g nappies too but they were available from the person I got my nappies from so I wouldn't have been able to get the council discount. I'm really liking the tots bots no leaks so far. Have you sorted the leaking problem with yours? X

I've sorted the leaks by adding another booster but they're now huge on him! He's short & slim and he looks very out of proportion wearing them with double boosters so i'm going to sell them!! I'm going to buy a few different trial packs for now to see what nappies suit him best. I've ordered a Flip trial pack & a pop-in trial pack. I'm really tempted by the Gnappies too but want to see what these 2 are like first because they're alot cheaper! I have someone intersted in the nappies i'm selling but if there are any left i'll be selling them here! x

Do your council do any trial kits? That's how I chose, it was free for 4weeks. I think there were 8different types of nappies in there. Tescos sell tots bots which is what I went for and you can use your vouchers in the swap scheme thing. They also have offers on them quite a lot apparently. D is quite skinny and these seem to fit ok so did the bum genius x

Just looked, Dartford Council don't have a scheme! Typical lol x

I would say gnappies are cheaper than those because you don't change the whole thing, just the insert. We use bambino mio prefold inserts which are really cheap pre-loved. We only have 3 actual gpant outer bits which is enough for us to use them full time. Total cost would be about £60 for all the nappies you would need.

That's a shame that the council don't do a scheme! Good luck with the gnappies! Let us know how you get on with them x

My flip nappy arrived 2 days ago and we tried to test it for absorbancy this morning (after a few washes) but the little pest poo'd in it after 15mins of putting it on!!! It's now waiting in the bucket for anoter wash! I like it though, much slimmer than the ebay cheapies :) My Gnappies arrived this morning :) They're now whizzing around having their first wash :) I tried one on him before washing them and they fit really really well, i'm very happy with them! If they last longer than 2hrs then brilliant! All i'll need are night time boosters and we can get rid of disposables :) I'll post a pic next week when i'm home from the in-laws :) x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back