Question on cloth nappies.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Hi - after reading some of the threads on here about cloth nappies - DH and I have pretty much decided to give it a go. If im honest its mostly for the cost issue - neither of us is hugely enviornmental -although obviously thats a bonus.

Was just wondering - did those of you who use them start straight from birth??
I have heard that some people start in disposables while they try out some of the various style of cloth nappies.

Im just starting to get organised - but am still a wee bit lost on what style/size we are going to go for. Hoping to get info from a woman locally who helps with our council scheme for cloth nappies.

basically I dont want to spend a fortune on cloth nappies that dont suit either bubs of us - particularly as DH has never changed a nappy in his life - I was thinking about trying a few different types at first - but I guess that means we wouldnt be buying enough to have LO in cloth all the time??

xxx

I started using cloth when LO was about 14 weeks. Everything was too much of a blur and I wasn't sure what I was doing with a baby, let alone a baby in cloth with all the washing. But you can start straight from birth, but Id recommend starting from around 6 weeks. Purely because youll probably have to buy special small nappies for a newborn and because you want to try different styles it might get a bit expensive for a short time.

Ive gone for a bit without cloth and now going back to them. Im going to go for Bumgenius Flips because theyre so easy to use and quite cheap to get started but Ive honestly tried almost all makes going! Its definately worth trying prefolds and inserts with wraps as well as the all in one nappies and pocket nappies as they can be really effective at half the cost :)

Thanks - think we might do that. I was a bit concerned that the prefolds/inserts might be a bit complicated. At present we have no idea when i'll need to go back to work, or what childcare arrangements would be - so dont wanna make life awkward for someone else - or us if im honest - so i had been leaning towards all-in-ones - but have realised that they are the most expensive ones.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back