Just bought cloth!!

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hey!

I wanted to use cloth with Jack from day 1 but ended up selling the pre-loved nappies i'd collected (only about 7) when a bout of nerves hit me just before he was born and we went down the disposable route in the end. Luckily we did because I was in and out of hospital until Jack was 4 months old due to having gall stones so it would have been way to hard for Daddy to cope with newborn Jack & washing dirty nappies on the 3 occasions I was admitted to hospital.

I've still always wanted to try cloth and today thought 'sod it' and have ordered enough nappies for us to convert to cloth full time!! :)

We have zilcho income at the moment due to us renovating our house so we can sell up and move at the end of the year so if anything we're going to save heaps of cash going cloth!! I've bougth pocket nappies purely because 1 of my minded kiddies used them and I found them lovely and easy to use.

Just got to find some cloth wipes now :) Looking forward to my delivery later this week! :) x

yay! another cloth bum. just back from emma's settling in at nursery and the staff there said more and more parents are using them!

which ones did you go for? always interested in different types!

I got pocket nappies from Ebay from 'the yellow bloom'. They have pretty good reviews and TBH Jack has never had a leaky 'wet' nappy and only a handfull of leaky poo nappies so i'm sure we'll be fine with cheapies. We could never afford the more expensive nappies anyway. I bought 1 insert per nappy and then bought extra boosters for night time to trail & error with. I'll let you know how he gets on with them :) x

i have hoes, i got 10 with 10 extra inserts, the soft fuzzy ones are adorable lol. i like them so far, they wash well and contain everything, just tight clothes wicked moisture out

Luckily Jack is slim so all of his trousers are very baggy around the bottom :) The nappies may actually help to keep his trousers up! lol x

i think he is probably quite tall and skinny like emma - so you might need some vest extenders if he wears a popper vest for the length of his body - we use the lower age group vests anyway with extenders as the correct size is just far too wide for her!

Nope, he's a shorty too lol His Cousin who is 11 days younger has at least an inch in height on him! lol We'll see how we get on before buying vest extenders etc. Cheers though x

Good luck with them! I've ordered ours at the end of last week, I'm hoping they will be here by friday. I'm really excited! We've done a trial kit and found them great and LOs clothes are fine atm, hes like Jack skinny and short x

Bet your well excited! We have a few ebay cheapies and have found them fine so far. I've got a mixture cheap and expensive and just add to it all the time. We've nearly enough to get rid of disposables altogether if I can sort something for nighttime as k is a heavy wetter, he leaks out of everything I try! Got a little lamb one on its way for a night time trial as i heard they were good

Yeah i'll try normal ones at night at first to see how he gets on and if he leaks i'll invest in a couple of good night time ones. I think mine were dispatched today!! Eeek so excited to get started! :) x

hey and you have also ordered the sun as well so they will take no time to dry! might have to take a photo with them all hung out - they look so cute!

They've arrived!! Eeeek!! They've just gone in the washing machine for their 1st pre-wash!! I'll post a pic soon x

Aww...I love my cloth nappies. My family still think I'm nuts but they're working for us! And the house don't smell of dirty nappies!

The 1st one he wore leaked a bit but he's a skinny thing so we've made it smaller to see if that helps. We're going to use a disposable at night until we get them right during the day x

did you prewash them enough? it takes about 4-5 washes to reach full absorbancy?

i adjusted the rise on the front to make them a bit smaller for my lo's non-existant bum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back