Cloth nappies

I was just about to say ask AugustMum!

I'm thinking of trying these again now that his poo isn't explosive.

Becky do you use these all the time?

And like Tiny said does anyone send their baby to a childminder in them?

Okay I just took the plunge! I ordered from mothercare, total cost was £37.93 including P&P :yay:

order details:

• 6 of Mothercare Smart Nappy - 2 Reusable Nappy Pads
  • 3 of Mothercare Smart Nappy - 1 Nappy Outer
  • 1 of TotsBots Flushable Nappy Liners - 2 x 100 pack
what else do I need?

Last edited:
Yay tiny! You shouldn't need anything else, although I ended up buying another clothes horse for nappies to dry on cos obviously you can put off doing other laundry but nappies need washing even when it's raining outside lol :)

Gem, I use smartnappies most of the time but also have an Easyfit, an Itti bitti d'lish, a Bumgenius Zinnia, a Totsbots flexitot...I kinda got addicted to buying nappies :)
I think most childminders are open to the idea of reusables, especially so if they are all-in-ones like the Easyfit cos they are just as easy as a disposable. So long as you give them a wetbag to put the used ones in then it should be fine.

okay, I'll need a wetbag then, and Ill send him with 2 nappy covers just incase but tell her to use the one unless hes managed to have a nappy explosion (gotta love them!!) Cool, Ive got to get one more pack of disposables to tide us over until the delivery arrives and then we're good to go :yay: Im just gonna have to get in the habit of putting the nappies on to wash before bed and hanging them on the airer in the morning before work.

Gross question... do you put other stuff in with the nappies?

Ill send you some other designs to try, just incase the smart nappy doesnt take your fancy. Ive got loads of easyfits so Ill send 2 of those over. You can get nappies real cheap second hand.

Youll only want the nappies in the wash because if you wash every 2/3 days then that will be more than enough in a load because the nappies soak up some of the water so it makes them heavier in the wash. Don't forget to only use about a teaspoon of detergent in the wash instead of the full amount because the nappies will clog up with soap powder making them less absorbant. Oh and when you get them, it might say to wash them a few times to get them to full absorbancy. Instead to save water, just put them all in a bucket of water for 24 hours and it does the same thing as washing them loads of times :)

good tips :yay: I didnt know about detergent. So do they go stinky waiting 3 days to wash them? I need to get myself a nappy bucket!!

Mine don't go stinky - maybe it's just that I'm used to any smell but no visitors have ever said anything!! If I've got one that's got really pooey and I want to wash it straight away rather than leave it in the bucket then I put it in with bathmats and towels :)

second hand are way more absorbant and cheap. all you need is about 10 covers, about 20 inners and you dont soak nappies anymore :)

I use Napisan from waitrose but you can buy similar from other shops, use decent washing powder NO softener and if your putting lotion on the babies bum use a nappy liner :)

wow some good tips and advice on here... now just to.decide what ones i want and from where lol x

Ive got a thread up with loads of different types on munchkin :wink: Go have a browse! Cheap times too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back