Washing baby clothes

SKR_Derby

Reaction score
Hi girls i'm about to start washing baby's clothes but had a few questions for u all:

1) do I wash whites and darks separately? What temperature do u recommend, although I do have a baby cycle on the machine,
2) can I wash the cot/Moses basket bedding and blankets in the machine as normal?

Thanks x

Hiya...I've done mine in 2 loads...1 for White and cream and 1 for colours (same as normal washin) yeah beddin can go in as normal. I've washed mine on a 40 degree quick wash cos tbh nothin is dirty it just needed a freshen up xx

did you use Fairy non-bio? my mum was on about something called 'snow drop' or 'snowflake' that you could get years ago that was used to wash baby blankets and stuff......

I used fairy and comfort pure xx

Ive washed all the new stuff ona delicate cycle but some stuff I don't want to wash it looks so nice all soft and new x

is fairy non bio the best stuff to use? I have never used non bio before and normally use ariel so not sure which non bio to buy?

i only use fairy nonbio for all our clothes and sheets now, i dont seperate anything tho, unless its poo on it x

Thanks for your replies girls! I've just done 2 loads of washing (whites and darks) and the clothes are so tiny that they hardly filled the machine! They look so cute!! I'm glad I've done is at I didn't realise I had bought so many clothes! Should be sorted for the first month at the very least!

Do you have to wash everything even if they're brand new?

Do you have to wash everything even if they're brand new?
thats what i thought but im guessing that even though it maybe band new you dont know who was touching it before you bought it and where their hands had been and if the clothes have been thrown on the floor in the shop!

Clothes are so small i dont think it really take alot of washes to clean it all anyway

Hee hee, cool!!! It'll start to feel really really real once I start doing that! Although we only have 3 sleepsuits so far, as we don't know the sex. Should look into getting some more maybe :roll:

Lol I've washed all my stuff and I am just rubbish with machinery, I just stuck it on a 30degree wash and put fairy non bio in. Mines all washed ready to go now :) x

I haven't washed the new stuff (it was all in packagin anyway) I've never bothered but if I get bored I might. I've got 20 newborn vests!!! I bought 6 and was given the rest...hmmm I doubt he's gonna wear even half of them cos my smallest baby was 8lb!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back