Warning - worrying ranting of a neurotic women wanting help......

erimela

Reaction score
ladies, I am getting myself tied in knots and I am thinking I am reading into my symptoms to much.....just wanted to get your opinion/past experience.

I have had a really bad cold over the past two weeks - for the first 3 days I was in bed with a stuff nose, no coughing just overall aches and headache. Went to the doctors, she said it was viral and just to go home and see it through.

2 weeks on I am feeling MUCH better, headache and aches gone - BUT I have the most amazing amount of mucus that I have blown out of my nose the past three days (sorry if that grosses you out) and since yesterday morning my throat lymph nodes have swollen.

To the point that I find it difficult to breath. My right one in particular is very swollen and tender. It is rather painful.

As it is sat night with not much going on, I have started doing research online (a big no no I know, but couldn't help myself). So now I am thinking, OMG am I suffering from Toxoplasmosis? I am so scared. I don't know what to do. Half tempted to go to the emergency room but I know I am over reacting. argh, I hate this indecisiveness, I apologies for my neurotic behaviour/rants.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced swollen glands and suggest any remedies (I ahve been trying gargling with salt all day to no avail :( )

Apologies for the length of the rant/concern. Could use friendly advice THANKYOU

Oh no, hope you are feeling a little better - if its any reassurance then your immune system takes a battering when you are pregnant so your body might just still be fighting the virus - if you still feel unwell tomorrow then go and get checked, til then rest up and drink plenty of fluids xx

Call NHS direct and tell them your worries they might be able to shed some light on what is wrong and put your mind at ease a little x

hope u feel better soon but if want just call nhs24 direct just ignore all options just wait till rings at end just say lady ur lookin for little bit of advice the number is 08454242424 let us know how u get on x

Do you have cats? I think can't you only get toxoplasmosis from them? I hope you feel better - just remember google is evil. After spending 30 mins on there googling a rash I was convinced I had an extremely rare liver disease. Of course,e I didn't....

hope your feeling abit better today. im sure its just the horrible end of your virus.

i always end up mucusy when im getting over a cold/virus. xxx

Ladies, :thanks:

I am feeling much better now. After gargling with warm water and salt about 5 times last night and this morning, the swelling has gone down and I am feeling much better. Twas just the end of a bad :cold: as everyone pointed out.

I can now :slap: myself and come back to reality. Thank you for your kind supportive words, it was what i needed.

:thanks:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back