I'm worrying again..

Emma58

Reaction score
I posted yesterday about waking up with cramp in my leg early hours of Sunday morning and my calf still being painful afterwards. I visited my Gp yesterday and mentioned this to him and he had a look and said it was probably just muscle tenderness after a bad cramp attack no sign of a clot.
Anyway i'm panicking now because my leg still aches it feels like a pulled muscle but is really achy in the calf still. There is no redness and it doesn't appear to be swollen it also isn't helping as it is on the side i have SPD so my hip and upper thigh hurt anyway.

Am i just panicking about nothing especially after my Gp examined my leg yesterday. If it was anything more sinister I would have known about it by now wouldn't I?

Hi hun :hug:

I got really bad leg cramp in my right leg everytime i woke in the night and had a little stretch. The one time my leg was in a spasm the ache i got in my leg lasted for days after. I think its like straining a muscle because the cramp is contracting the muscle and the muscle is not used to being used like that (if you know what i mean).

The pain shouldnt be getting worse though. Just make sure you rest it, have a nice warm bath that may help too.

Charlie x

The pain is getting no worse it is still the same. All I can explain it feels like is a pulled muscle and it feels bruised to touch.

I want to start by saying I am not a doctor so if you are very worried it would be best to go see one (I couldn't bear the guilt if it turned out for the worse and I had tried to reassure you :) )
I get really bad cramp in my right calf a few times a year. It always feels like I've pulled a muscle afterwards and I have always assumed that I do pull a muscle during the cramps - my leg goes solid when they are happening and gets pulled into a certain position so I figured this was a reasonable explanation. It would be sore for while. Of the top of my head I can't remember how long, but certainly days.
My friend had DVT (I take it that is what you are worried about) which was not pregnancy related. Her ankle was REALLY swollen. The pain was as if it had been broken, though it built up (so she didn't understand how or when she could have broken it). At A and E they recognised what was going on straight away.
I don't know if this helps.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

The pain is no where near as bad as if it's broken! It actually doesn't seem to hurt when i'm stood or walking more when i'm sat down and putting pressure on it.

As you can gather i suffer badly with anxiety and panic attacks and i'm probably just getting myself worked up into an emotional wreck.
It could be that it is more than likely i've pulled a muscle during the cramp and it'll just take a few days to recover.

It's understandable that you worry - I think we all do. I love this forum because it shows me I'm not the only person falling apart :D
I hope your leg feels better soon.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

if i get cramp it hurts for 2 or 3 days after ! to the point of limping !

Thank you!

It's actually not too bad today, it doesn't hurt to walk on today it just hurts a little if i tense my calf muscle.

Quite bad cramp can leave a lingering pain; sometimes it might be that the leg is ready to cramp up again.. try and excersise it a little gently and maybe loosen up those muscles..? Just a thought... xx

Haha, think after 3 years their cramp may have eased off by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back