vitamin/folic acid advice please!

vic30

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to ttc and currently taking folic acid and have been for a month. I'm wondering what your opinions are on taking multivitamins/pregnacare conception instead of just taking the folic acid? I'm wondering whether I should stop taking the folic acid and go for a tablet with b vits, vit d etc in, as well as folic acid.

Thanks in advance

Vicki x

I toke pregnacare all the way through my TTC journey, still taking them now.

Pregnacare covers all the vits plus frolic acid.

Last edited:
Thank you! Congrats on your pregnancy :)

I'm taking centrum pregnancy care + omega 3. I've been taking them even through my MC. I think they are brilliant, and it's safer than taking the vitamins all separately my midwife said. I personally think its important, my mum thinks its just a waste of money >.<

I've just started taking Floradix, its iron, folic acid, vitamin C to help absorb the iron, B vitamains and other good things! Cheaper than Pregnacare and safe for TTC. Also reduces tiredness. My acupuncturist recommended it and so far its great!

Thanks Kloe and Blueflower. My doctor said to just take folic acid but I hear of so many ladies taking vits too. I do get lots if vit c in diet but I do wonder how they all absorb with each other/work the best. Think I'll have a look in boots and supermarkets - think I've seen them 3 for 2 in a few places.

Good luck for bfp ladies! x

I am currently taking centrum plus pregnancy care it has folic acid in it. I am ttc my first at the moment.

I take a Wilkinsons own brand of pregnancy care, they're about £3-4 and have pretty much the same as other vitamins x

Thanks girls :)

We're trying for our first too mummywannab! Had miscarriage in May so waiting for af to start then ovulation! It's boring waiting! I know the whole ordeal could be a long waiting game but I'm sooo impatient!

Good luck x

Right, well I've just been to Sainsburys and they have 3 for 2 so I bought a couple of packs of seven seas conception and a pregnacare one free so I'll start with the seven seas and ditch the single folic acid tablets! Just want my flippin period to start! Fingers crossed for everyone ttc and those during pregnancy. Thank you for your help

xx

I know what you mean its hard to try and decide what to take at the moment (since mc) ive been taking tescos multi-vitamins but also have packets of pregnacare lol xx

I don’t buy supplements with pictures of babies or pregnant women on the label any more! After a year of TTC every time I looked at them it just felt as if they were mocking me! I bought the first pot of folic acid foolishly imagining it would see me through pregnancy as well but I’m now on the 3rd pot! I often forget to take them and they are now all stuck together! Now I deliberately choose the ones with just a plain label so that I can pretend they are just for general health and I don’t feel so stupid! :wall2:

Lol Vickilou! I realky didn't know which to get in the end. The amounts and type of vits in the seven seas one seem normal rather than excessive so that's why I chose them!

Blueflower I can only imagine how disheartened you or anyone else must feel going through a long term ttc. I felt so happy and almost smug even looking at the pregnancy vitamins. I was driving home and thought you idiot, it might not happen in first cycle (last pregnancy/miscarriage was unplanned) and you could be taking these for years!

Fingers crossed for you xx

I was advised folic acid and vitamin D is very important too I was advised xx hope you get your bfp soon x

Evening primrose oil is good too (from cd1-ov then stop during 2ww) it really increased my amount of cm this month!

Thank you...I've literally just asked what e p oil does! :) I might get some of that!

Thanks mummy2toddler! Hope so too..over 4 weeks since miscarriage so still waiting for af! Lots of symptoms. Thought I ovulated last wk as had cm Tues&Wed but I've just had some now! Grrr all so confusing!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back