• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Visitors?

I don't want either of our families at the hospital until after the baby arrives.

I don't want them waiting? Because they are not seeing the baby until I tell them they can.

MIL works in the hosiptal I am going to though, so I may not be able to "ban" her LOL

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have told OH who is coming when lol.

Ive said IF I go into labour early hours, I want my mum and fam up at the first visit then Dj's fam at the second - hopefully I wont be in too long although depending on the weather we get - sometimes you get kept in for that extra day or so.. I hope not! I want my baby home asap! Was actually considering a home birth so that I get to stay there lol but in some cases you end up getting taken in anyway and I dont fancy my neighbours hear me give birth hahaha xxxx

Carnat probably of I was in Greece I wouldn't be able to keep out of the hospital parents and grandparents and cousins and uncles and aunties....
I know all about big families lol....

Thanks God I am away I would have freak out completely...
I am curious to see if you will actually be able to keep them away though lol...

When I was 14 my auntie (that passed away) was giving birth to my cousin.
Well at the hospital waiting room they were her parents, her in laws, all of her sisters, all of her nieces, her ohs sisters and their kids... Close to 30 people :faint:
i was feeling for the poor woman giving birth thinking how many people are waiting outside for her to "perform" ...
I suppose that's when i decided that this is
Not going to happen when my turn comes lol...

I'm with you Hope, if i was in hospital I wouldn't want them outside, what the point for starters and I want to see people when I'm ready, not cos i feel bad that they've been sat around for hours. DH will be with me and he's what I need and the midwives if I have to go in. I definitely don't want them around for a home birth, its meant to be a relaxed environment and DHs parents will not provide that!!!

home birth and in laws sounds even more horrific!!!!!! Lock the doors and put the puppy outside to guard you and keep them away dysco !!!!!

its not that, if people do wait for you, they kind of expect to see the baby..

my mum may wait but that would only to make sure baby was delivered safely - I wouldnt have everyone up and its only OH that will be in the delivery suite with me. xxx

don't worry, DH has already been told to keep them away! He's not allowed to tell them when i go into labour!

You know in Greece because there are always people outside waiting they don't let them get inside to meet the baby!!! A nurse gets out eventually from the delivery room and shows them the baby from a very good distance lol then takes it back in to snuggle near it mum.
Visitors are allowed from the second day and only during visiting hours

Dysco that's so good that your oh is so understanding! Will your parents be around during birth? Though I think they love in London of I recall?

Carnat probably of I was in Greece I wouldn't be able to keep out of the hospital parents and grandparents and cousins and uncles and aunties....
I know all about big families lol....

Thanks God I am away I would have freak out completely...
I am curious to see if you will actually be able to keep them away though lol...

I am going to tell them if they don't respect our wishes then if we have any more kids we'll not even tell them I am in labour!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hope, tbh. I wouldnt tell them until you are settled with wee one after the birth and your comfy with phoning and telling them. xxx

I couldn't stand the thought of people hanging about and waiting...! It could be anytime of the day or night. Lasting hours or days... No way! I don't think my hospital would allow that. Even The babies daddy can't stay unless you are in established labour! A phone call to announce the birth. Then we will call when they can come up. End of. It's something I'm putting my foot down with.xxx

I know how you feel about people waiting outside, when I had DD, I had been induced and my Mum and Dad brought her dad to the hospital, I had to get him to send them away because it was stressing me more knowing they were outside the ward waiting (I was still on maternity at this point). I got them to come back as I was going to labour ward, but told them not to rush, which was good as I was over there for long enough too.

Mum is 14 years older and more ill this time, they can come to the hospital when blob is born, I don't want her hanging around getting stressed, it will drive me nuts!

I totally agree with the others, I would tell them that they couldnt come because u said no to your own parents!

xx

Dysco that's so good that your oh is so understanding! Will your parents be around during birth? Though I think they love in London of I recall?

I want to try and keep my parents away too. I don't see the need for them to be there during labour and london is only 2-3 hours away. I'd like my mum to come up and be there after the birth but not before. Mum is retired and my Dad's job is flexible so I know once I say go, they'll be in the car but I'll explain all this to them. I want to try hypnobirthing and I just think the more people that are around the harder that will be! DH is my birth partner and with 2 midwives there I think 3 people and me is more than enough! Its DH's parents I'm worried about but they know they won't be staying with us, then OR over christmas, that has been made clear, we need our own space for a few weeks. My parents will be the only people allowed to stay in the house with us and only for a few days.

Dysco will not your oh feel hurt that your parents can stay but not his parents?
I would rather not have in laws staying here at all but I can't stop thinking that he will be quite hurt...

Personally I think what happens in labour and soon after is primarily my choice.

We decide most things together but as I am the one giving birth I figure that I get to have the main say in what happens.

I am not usually this selfish BUT I do think this is one of the few times in my life I will get my own way and not expect OH to question any of my choices!!

My comfort and wellbeing has to be paramount, not OH's feelings!

xxxxxxxxxx

I am too good with him lol...

I am good with my OH as well and mostly we make mutual decisions about things (or else if we can't agree we discuss / debate until one of us gives in :lol:)

BUT the birth of our first child is not a spectator sport and I don't want this precious time ruined by me feeling I need to accomodate other people!

xxxxxxxxxx

100 % me too, ain't noone coming in unless I say so , especially seeing as my birth will be in my living room. lol xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back