Animals around newborns and babies?

Am a definite cat person, Gizmo rules the roost at home but i trust her.

We've got a dvd of baby noises so that she gets used to the sounds of a little one. We've kept her shut out of baby's room since I fell pregnant and tried to get as much baby stuff into the house as possible as early as possible so that she gets used to different smells, was worried about her scent spraying but she's been as good as gold.

I set up the moses basket in our living room and put some tin foil in it, Giz jumped in once and the noise startled her, she's ignored it since.

Any animal is naturally inquisitive, (humans are the worst for it, just think of little old ladies having a good nose about into a pram), but so long as you keep an eye on them when baby is around, it should be ok, perhaps speak to your parents about making sure that the dogs are prepared for baby, perhaps with a similar dvd to mine to get them used to the sounds, sudden noises startle some animals.

If they are keen on the dogs, it may be worth making it sound as though you are being accommodating for them rather than the other way round.

We have a dog (did have 2 til recently but my dog went to a new home)

Our dog is 4 and has always been fantastic with our girls, but im not sure how shes gonna react to a new baby, espec as she is all for my hubby dont think she'll like his attention elsewhere (typical female lol)

My advice would be to mention your concerns maybe to your mum if your dad more likely to make it worse, and make sure these dogs arent left alone with your baby, (which i know you wouldnt do)

Just go with your instincts hunni xxx

Am a definite cat person, Gizmo rules the roost at home but i trust her.

We've got a dvd of baby noises so that she gets used to the sounds of a little one. We've kept her shut out of baby's room since I fell pregnant and tried to get as much baby stuff into the house as possible as early as possible so that she gets used to different smells, was worried about her scent spraying but she's been as good as gold.

I set up the moses basket in our living room and put some tin foil in it, Giz jumped in once and the noise startled her, she's ignored it since.

Any animal is naturally inquisitive, (humans are the worst for it, just think of little old ladies having a good nose about into a pram), but so long as you keep an eye on them when baby is around, it should be ok, perhaps speak to your parents about making sure that the dogs are prepared for baby, perhaps with a similar dvd to mine to get them used to the sounds, sudden noises startle some animals.

If they are keen on the dogs, it may be worth making it sound as though you are being accommodating for them rather than the other way round.

Thats an excellend tip about the moses basket and dvd sounds! most my things are already at my mom n dads so cats have only had chance to smell nappies and wipes which are here lol. But yeah i spose the bouncer and moses basket am and was worried about the cats venturing in so when we all back at home after mom n dads will try that if they are being to inquisitive! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back