Hotel 'Listening in service' would you?

mrswoody

Reaction score
Just after some opinions on this really.

Hubby and I are being proactive with our 'New Year' plans as what we want to do gets booked up quick. Anyway the idea was 2 nights in Edinburgh staying in a hotel over looking the castle seeing the bells in him, baby and me, our little family. However, MIL has caught on to our idea and has now said she and FIL will come along as will OH Sis, BIL, Brother and GF! She has suggested that it will be fine for me to leave baby in the hotel room while we all enjoy a 3 course meal drinks dancing etc and if there is a problem in the room a member of staff will come and get me, so a Hotel Listening service. I find this quite remarkable as I can't imagine leaving our LO who will be 6/7 weeks old alone in a hotel room, asleep or not.

I just wondered what others opinions on this are?

x

In all honesty... there is no bloody way I would rely on a hotel listening service to look after my newborn.

What if they didn't get you and something happened? What if the person who was "listening in" was there with ill intentions?

The thought makes me shudder a little.

In hindsight i realise that may have sounded a bit like an attack lol! I didn't mean it to hun its just my opinion.

its not my cup of tea and J is 21 months....... id hate for him to wake up in a weird place upset or something and for someone else to have to hear him, find us and then run up to settle him......as well just the thought of leaving him in a hotwl room. I cant explain propeely.......lol..... we have left him with people before our babysitter, hes spent a weekend with my.parwnts so ots not leaving him per se but just leaving him in a hotel room at that age........ when we were about 10 ish my parents oqould leave us, put a film on amd order a pizza and theyd have a fancy meal together but at 10 a child can fully communicate etc

ok I rambled sorry...

basically I personally wouldnt do it xx

Hayley, don't worry it wasn't taken the wrong way. I am the same I was completely horrified when it was suggested like gob smacked! 1. Not only had my plans for our night been turned on it's head 2. if I even did agree to it then what happened if there was a fire alarm and I couldn't get to baby!
Don't get me wrong my folks left me, brother and sister when we were younger while they had a drink but I was old enough to know where they were and what to do!

Thats good :) sometimes i go off on a bit of an opinion rant and forget that I'm actually only talking lol!

I would just explain to the MIL that your not comfortable with it. It's you child and if she doesn't like it she can go and spend new year somewhere else lol. Mind you I am a bit of a bitch!

No,no way would i leave my boy alone in a hotel room, didnt madeline mccans parents leave her in.the room and went downstairs? Oh just told me they did but dont think they had a listener or anything. Charlie freaks when hes in a strange place with people he doesnt know or see very often. For instance today he went swimming with my mum who he sees all the time but fell asleep in the buggy, and when he woke up at home in his bed he freaked. Maybe it was safer in mils days, my mil doesnt seem to think the world has altered from her day x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Oh my god! No way!! Never ever ever... If my baby/child untill I felt it was old enough to be left alone which would be like teenage years, I'd never leave unsupervised by an adult I didn't know and trust... I'd rather stay in alone with my baby, than leave it. End of. Cannot believe she actually suggested this...!!!!xxx

I didn't even realise hotels offered this service, personally I don't think I would use it...good choice on New Year destination though, I'm just outside Edinburgh and I love this city during the festive period. xx

never in a million years would i leave a in a hotel room alone im sorry but madalin mcCann springs to mind im shocked your MIL would even suggest it. xx

Totally agree with the others...no way...I think you know in your own mind hun xx

Not a chance in hell.judt put her right Hun :hugs:

the maddie case was the first thing I thought of!
Claire..we are from just outside Edinburgh too but live in England because of work. So this year we wanted to spoil ourselves and have a fab time even if it meant sitting in a nice hotel room watching the fireworks :)

Thank you ladies for all your replies really appreciate the feedback x

Never in a million years would I use this kind of service, not for a newborn or for child of any age.

NYE is going to be me, OH and baby indoors watching the fireworks on TV! I doubt I'll be up for much more than that :shock:

Don't overtax yourself hun, the first weeks are meant to be pretty hard going!

xxxxxxxxx

Personally i think the hotel room and the fireworks sound lovely. I would ask DH to politely explain to your MIL that you don't want a big night out with a newborn and so will not be taking part in their plans this year. Either that or tell her to shove it up her behind :) lol!

No no no no no! Just....no! X

Madeleine McCann!

No no no noooooooo!

Why your MIL would suggest this is beyond me x

If you want to have a night out you could get a baby sitter x

I'm not even fussed for a night out just a nice evening as a new family. We got married in this Hotel too so just a nice meal then a drink or 2 in our room.

Carnat...I'm totally expecting to be super pooped for a long time :) Which is why we had this in mind.

Some people just don't think practical these days I think. :)

I havent and would never use a service like that. There is no way I'd leave my child alone in a hotel room or anywhere else.

NYE will be me, OH and the kids. I think we've only seen one new year in together since AJ was born!

I like the idea of watching the fireworks from the hotel room :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back