Upset and disturbed by Fakes

Keely

Reaction score
I sorry if people dont like this thread but I have to say I am VERY upset and very disturbed by finding out somepeople are fakes.....

The one that has upset me the most is Willow and talking about her babys death. It has upset me so much that someone would lye about this.

My main reason for this thread is to hope potential fakers will read this and understand the upset they can cause.

My worries are that one day a poor poor girl who has really been in that horrible situation will come on to a helpful forum like this and no one will believe her in her hour of need!!!!

Its sick and horrible to lye about things so close to peoples hearts.

xxxxx

You will probably find that fakes wont come on here read this thread and think oh i feel so bad now, however they will read this and think oh we are getting exactly the reaction we thrive, therfore urging them to continue coming on here and faking...

Absolutely, attention is what encourages them - why would they do all this unless they wanted attention?

I run a forum myself and we have a LOT of fakes come on the forum, I still dont know what the motive is but I think its a mixture of boredom and wanting to pretend to be someone else. However its one thing having a harmless alter-ego and another thing when they start telling such emotive lies!

Its not always easy to spot a fake but on my forum, when I do, they are instantly banned and an announcement is made to all members explaining why.

I havnt been on this site long and havnt posted a great deal, but I think its wonderful, such a friendly and supportive environment - the only negative aspect of creating such an environment is that it does tend to attract attention seekers, fakers and trolls. Nothing can be done to prevent it, tis the nature of the net, all anyone can do is deal with them when they make themselves known - and they ALWAYS get found out in the end!

Jax xx

cassi said:
You will probably find that fakes wont come on here read this thread and think oh i feel so bad now, however they will read this and think oh we are getting exactly the reaction we thrive, therfore urging them to continue coming on here and faking...

Cassi I believe fakes do this for attention not to intentional hurt people!

I think they are sad people that need and want these lives they are making up, or boredom for the attention.

I dont think my message is congratulating fakes at all!

didnt say it was congratulating them, said it was showing them they are getting the attention they want, do you think they care if it hurts people? to lie about child deaths ffs, they dont care about peoples feelings

I dont understand why people lie like that either.

I own a message board with three friends and we have had to deal with this too. We had one member who was so convincing to start with that people sent her money to pay for a headstone for her baby. It turned out to be total lies and lots of people were left very hurt by her.

Thats awful! I run a forum for spiritualist/metaphysical discussions and you can imagine some of the stuff our breed of fakers come out with - but getting money off people for a fake headstone is just evil!

I believe in karma though, they'll get theirs!

Melanie said:
I dont understand why people lie like that either.

I own a message board with three friends and we have had to deal with this too. We had one member who was so convincing to start with that people sent her money to pay for a headstone for her baby. It turned out to be total lies and lots of people were left very hurt by her.

That is just utterly disgusting, how could anyone be so cruel???

In all honesty I dont think any "normal" (I use the term loosely lol) person will ever grasp why people do this, and unfortunately it is as much a fact of net-life as viruses, and like viruses all we can do is be aware if the risks and deal with them as they arise.

:wave: to all the genuine folk on here, your all luverly :D

Here here and what about the people who are slightly more clever and never get caught out :S they must get away with lots of money through their sick twisted lies

Becks_again said:
Here here and what about the people who are slightly more clever and never get caught out :S they must get away with lots of money through their sick twisted lies

you're right becks, alot of people don't get find out. the question is - would everyone prefer to know who were the fakes/liars?

I would :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back