Upset when Mummy leaves

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Ellie has started to get really upset if I am not around. On Monday evening I left Ellie with her Daddy for 1hour while I went to Tesco's. I came back to find Ellie in a complete state, she was desperately upset that I wasn't there, every room Daddy took her into she was desperately looking around the room for me.

I dropper her at nursery yesterday and she was fine but this morning she started crying her poor little heart out. This is the first time she has EVER done that when I have dropper her at nursery and she started there when she was 5months old. I tried offering her a feed, just in case that was why she was getting so upset but she wasn't interested.

Last night Daddy was with her in the nursery and I went into the bathroom to sort her bath out and she got really upset then.

Is this just phase? How quickly will it pass? Is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks

Hiya
Yes it is totally normal, but every child has it for a different amount of time, it can stay quite bad till about 18 months! :shock:

Things you can do to help: keep leaving her, and keep comng back!
the worst thing you coud do is start doing things like staying and having a play at nursery to try and settle her down, then she'll just get used to you being there even more and will take it harder when you do need to leave.

Ellis is the same at the min.... he has always been a mummies boy but now he screams when i leave the room, even if he is with his dad.

He follows me round the house climbing up my legs when i stand still!!!! :lol:

xxxxx

I have heard that they start to develop 'separation anxiety', not sure what age at but probably thats what is wrong. Its totally normal, apparently all babies go through it, its a normal part of them growing up. My LO is only 6 months old so she couldnt give a monkeys whether I am there or not so long as she has someone to amuse her.Lol. My friends girl turned one last month and she was fine till around 9 months when she became very clingy but I think shes ok now. Just try not to get too upset yourself cos I dont think theres a great lot you can do about it. It will pass with time. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back