Unusual girls name - what do you think?

Small Flower

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Normally a reader not a poster on these boards - but I'd like your thoughts please;

We like very unusual names, and have a very long girls name list! Unfortunately there are only a few we both like! Our 20mth old son is called Jensen btw.

What do you think of the name Persephone (pronounced Per-seph-onie)?

If we do go with that name, thinking of changing the spelling slightly to Persephonie - just so people don't find it too hard to pronounce the first time.

btw the name is from greek mythology.

I love it but I love Greek mythology hehe! X

I love Greek mythology too! Lol x loving the name Jensen but my OH banned me from it since I have a huge crush on Jensen Button x lol x great names x

I love it too!! I love unusual names xx

Love it, reminds me of a book I used to love called noughts and crosses, sort of romeo and juliet story :)
But I read the whole book saying it like purse-ee-fone in my head before someone told me how to pronounce it hehe, so I like your idea of spelling it differently!

Love it, reminds me of a book I used to love called noughts and crosses, sort of romeo and juliet story :)
But I read the whole book saying it like purse-ee-fone in my head before someone told me how to pronounce it hehe, so I like your idea of spelling it differently!

I totally agree, love the name , so unusual, now I know what it's supposed to sound like , like your variety on the spelling X

I love it, and it goes really well with Jensen! And lovely to see you on here! :wave: x

Last edited:
I love it at least she won't have the same name as all the other girls at school! :D

Thanks girls!

OH really likes it, which I'm very surprised about! Just trying to convince him to alter the spelling slightly, just so that its pronounced correctly to people who've never heard of it.

Thinking of calling her 'Sephy' for a nn, or was toying with Poppy as a middle name (still a long way of deciding middle names!) and thought Percy-pops was quite sweet! lol!

OH wanted bumps middle name to start with a K - after his mum who died recently (not give her, her full name tho) so thats a bit tricky as I don't generally like names that start with K - again I wanted something really unusual like Jensen's who mn is 'Fox'! Anyway we will work on that one!

And hi Sam's mum!! (Don't post much on these boards, just read, as normally on another board. Hope Sam and Toby are doing well! x)

:wave: I like it.....but I'm biased because Hebe is from Greek mythology too....she was cup bearer to the gods, daughter of Zeus (King of the gods) and was the goddess of youth :)

Who was Persephone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back