Underwired Bras

CazH

Reaction score
Hello ladies need a bit of advice, my boobies are growing and my friends have told me I need to start wearing non wired bras now to protect the milk ducts. Do you think i should do this now at 13weeks or too early and can anyone recommened a good bra with padding!!

Hi,

I wore my underwired bras through my whole pregnancy last time and only switched when I was breast feeding as I needed to get quicker access to my boobies. As long as your underwiring sits on your torso and not on your breasts, (which a well fitted bra should) then you will be fine. My 32f's went up to a 32H and I was still okay so it isn't a case of the bigger the more need. You just have to be very careful that your bras fit you correctly. Having said that, be very careful especially when breast feeding as mastitis is very, very painful and you don't need it.

B x x x

My boobs have definitely grown since my BFP and now at almost 13 weeks i've moved out of my underwired bras because i seem to have gone up a cup and backsize already and i'm worried i wont be able to get fitted often enough and it'll dig in... which my underwires were definitely starting to! I've brought a sports bra and its very comfy and stretchy so is perfect really. Have a look about and see what non wired bras you can find... if you really dont want to by them (and i can understand why, so far i havent found very many pretty ones!) then i'd do as Becs says and just make sure your bra fits well and get measured often to keep up with the growing :D

I just wanted to add that it may et very expensive if you want to stay in good fitting underwired bras. I NEEDED new bras by week 13 which only fit for a few weeks so got more at week 20, outgrew them within weeks so bought more and then refused to buy any more so just wore stretchy bras (without underwire). If I wanted to always have 2 bras that fit throughout my pregnancy I would have needed at least 12 - none of which would fit now.

I hate bra shopping!

I just had a thought - you could buy those chicken fillet things - you know, the fake breast things. Buy a non underwired bra that fits well while wearing them and then you have your padding now and as your breasts grow you can take them out but they would still be usable after breast feeding :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back