bras!

titch

Reaction score
I was reading up today and I read that we shouldn't be wearing underwired bras...:shock:

I have worn underwires since I was about 15, it definately gives me the best support, Im quite a busty girl and they move all over the place without underwires!lol :lol:

anyone else heard this info cos its the first thing that I really dont want to do!And Ive even eaten brussel sprouts for baba, but losing my underwires is something else!

Is it really that important and if so...where can I get a decent non-wired bra?

yes no underwire recomemded but your ment to get maternity bras (extra support) they measure you up in mothercare and ther are really supportive and good prices then ment to be re fitted at 20 weeks or when you feel bigger if you do and nursing bras a week or two before due date unless your bottle feeding x x x

My MW told me not to wear underwired bras and did I listen? Noooooo! and I'm not only left with tea bag titts after baby (Which I'm lead to believe is normal) but I also have about 6 or 7 hard sore lumps in each breast exactly where the wire was sitting - they were there after my milk came in which is when I first noticed my bra wire was rubbing them and they were sore, and they are still there a year on, the GP said they are not dangerous at all but prob due to the fact I ignored the MW and wore wire bras the whole pregnancy which blocked milk ducts and causes cyst type solid buildups which will disperse over time....! Doh!

I will prob go with non wired next time and I wear soft bras now any way hoping the lumps just disperse on their own as the wire was agitating them. I believe the chances of getting these harmless lumps is pretty uncommon, I was just unlucky.

Taken from Baby centre:

Many midwives and retail outlets advise against purchasing underwiring in pregnancy. The reasoning behind this advice appears to be that the rigid wire may interfere with the natural changes in size and shape of the breast during pregnancy. This may obstruct the increased blood flow or "squash" of the developing milk duct system, causing pain, discomfort and possibly mastitis.

M&S were fantastic in measuring me and fitting me with comfy supportive non wired feeding bras when bubs was born, I would recommend them for getting preggo bras too, the ladies were lovely and the bra's I got were only £19 for two and mega mega mega comfy and supportive for giganta boobies!!

C xxx

yer i have hurd that m&s are good too i think mine were £16 for 2 in mothercare well pretty im a 34 ff bra but i think i got lucky i think if there too big in mothercare you have to order in - only problem the waiting! lol

cleo - thats what my midwife told me about the milk ducts said if i didnt i can a decreased chance of breastfeeding or cysts type biuld ups i got the maternity bras and they were great im still quite purkey and at a size 34 ff i think thats lucky full stop :)

I have to say I wore underwire the whole time and am again this time :oops: After she was born, I wore non wire nursing bras until 12 weeks then I got wired nursing bras - that's perfectly fine once you're milk is established.

Hi Tiny,
Sports bras are good too if you need a lot of support x

Hiya,
I have always worn underwired bras too, so looking around for non-wired numbers. I probably wouldn't have wanted to change over either but I've found the wires getting uncomfortable. Do you get non-wired with some padding? Not that I need the padding but really don't want to look like I'm smuggling peanuts all day!!!

yer mothercare do a loverly padded and non padded range im the same have to have a little extra at a 34 ff i need all the support i needed lol x

I wear moulded underwired. I dont need padding but I have nips that like to say hello....they go down well with the boys but if I turn round quick I can have someone's eye out....

Mothercare have lovely moulded maternity bras. Nice pretty styles.

I wear moulded underwired. I dont need padding but I have nips that like to say hello....they go down well with the boys but if I turn round quick I can have someone's eye out....

:rofl:

they go down well with the boys but if I turn round quick I can have someone's eye out....

:rofl:

I'm a 34 ff already...Im quite nervous about how they will grow, my sister thinks its funny calling me Jordan :roll:

Thanks girls, I think I will go to M&S and at least try them on, Ill find one with a big changing room so I can run around and see how it works out. Probably better safe than sorry.

If I dont get the support without the wire though I'll end up walking around holding onto them! I stayed at my parents last weekend and I came downstairs in the morning in my PJs (no bra) and was holding my boobs on the stairs without realising it! My dad wasnt impressed!:lol:

M&S do some big sized, non wire bras with loads of support....I just couldnt bring myself to buy them. They fitted them and sent me off to pay and I 'lost' them on the way to the food hall.....they were like a pair of hats sewn together. I cant get my hubby to come near me when I'm pregnant anyway let alone with my nanna's brassiere on...

if your a 34ff then you might not grow any i didnt but i just had them for support mothercare are great if you dont find what you want at m&s but i hope you do as they have really nice bras there :) if you get proper maternity bras you wont need the underwire as they are made to be extra supportive x

M&S do some big sized, non wire bras with loads of support....I just couldnt bring myself to buy them. They fitted them and sent me off to pay and I 'lost' them on the way to the food hall.....they were like a pair of hats sewn together. I cant get my hubby to come near me when I'm pregnant anyway let alone with my nanna's brassiere on...

Yup Ive always found M&S make lovely bras but inexplicably change the design over d cup to make sure they look more nana's brassiere! Still I'd better have a couple for good measure, maybe save my "Im still in my 20s" bras for tempting my OH occasionally!

If they really are that supportive I kind of wish Id discovered them years ago!

yer there fantastic i just got a new wired bra after hanging up my nursing bras from my son and i wish i kinds hadnt lol!! Want my maternity bras back haha but i dropped a cup size when i breastfed so cant exchange them back now as they dont fit lol!

bravissimo and fig leaves do some nice maternity/nursing bras

just had a nosey at the ones on la senza's website, does anyone know if they are nice and comfy to wear or not ect
the prices aren't bad so id be happy to buy one there as i wanted something a little more ooh la la if you know what i mean haha! :lol:

Last edited:
Have a look at this site - they have some lovely stuff :)

www.envie4u.co.uk

Last edited:
just had a nosey and they're a bit pricey but quality over quantity!
thank you mervs mum :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back