Positive ovulation?

Naomi D

Reaction score
This is my first month using ovulation test strips, and I've read everywhere that you must wait for the test line to be as dark as the control line. I have a 28 day cycle, and have been testing from day 9. On day 10 there was a faint line, and on day 11 there was a darker line, but it was only dark on the very edge of the test line, the rest of the line was faint.

I have had no hint of a line since, and am now on day 14, Im starting to worry that I wont have a positive test this month. Do you think its likely that I got a positive on day 11, or am I just being impatient?

I cant post a pic of the day 11 test as I threw it away (silly me!)

i'm not sure about the line being darker on the edge as i havnt experienced it, as for not thinking your not gonna ovulate i think i got my pos on day 18 or something so dont worry different people ovulate at different times :D just get BD incase you O very soon :D xxx

Thanks hun, I suppose I am worrying prematurely, Im just so used to being a 28 day cycle, meaning I should be ovulating today if the luteal phase is 14 days.....Is the luteal phase sometimes different to the usual 14 days?
Im also nearly 34, and my partner is 42, so Im concerned that things may not be up to scratch, especially as I was on the pill for around 17 years!
We have been BDing every day, so I suppose if we just carry on like that we cant do any more eh!

i think the luteal phase can be different yeah, i have a 28 day cyle too so there ya go lol and i ovulated day 18. and no you cant do anymore than what your doing so i would say ur chances are good just enjoy it never mind about ur age either. you will be in the TWW soon stressing over symptoms like me lol :D good luck xxx keep me posted on how you get on xxx

Thanks Shauna! How are you feeling today? anything different? Its stressful isnt it, I cant seem to concentrate on anything, just keep thinking about dates and symptoms!

Your welcome, im ok thanks...i think i have a water infection so im drinking loads of cranberry juice lol. I feel as though im gonna start my period but i think it maybe a water infection soo...i think its too early for me to be getting symptoms. Oh yeah its stressfull ill be even more stressed when i get AF! how are you feeling? how long have you been TTC? xx

This is only my 2nd cycle, but already Im a gibbering mess! my oh is looking worn out too bless him! I bought 10 each of the ov tests and hcg tests from e-bay, but they never seem to be enough :oops:
I hope you do have a water infection (No Im not being nasty but its better than af right?) and that it clears up soon. Good luck, Im crossing everything for you :)

Lol i get 10 of each of the ebay cheapies too. lol yeah defo better than AF haha, thanks alot hun i hope you get your BFP gonna add you on here and keep me updated :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back