Unassisted childbirth???

God, you'll see them telling me I'm rude and to take my opinions elsewhere lol x

Someone has just left a fabulous response, completely agreeing that it is irresponsible, phew, thought I was going to get battered then lol x

Tempted to search for it lol. If I could be bothered to turn the laptop on :lol:

Tempted to search for it lol. If I could be bothered to turn the laptop on :lol:

Lol, I wish I hadn't now, you know what I'm like for my opinions, I can't keep my mouth shut or agree with the crowd, gets me into trouble every time lol
How's your gorgeous lo pinky? x

Someone has just left a fabulous response, completely agreeing that it is irresponsible, phew, thought I was going to get battered then lol x

I love that response.
Glad that they have backed off too. Seems the OP in online too!

I'm finding the whole thread alarming, yes her baby arrived safely but it may not have. People are asking where to go for info etc on UC and it appears to be a choice for a few people :shock:

ETA. I find it completely different when baby decides to make a quick exit its natural and its baby's time to come but to plan it? I'm sticking with irresponsible and dangerous!

Last edited:
They really didn't appreciate my opinion, they had pitchforks and burning torches, hang on, who's at the door lol x

I can't believe any women in this day an age would intentionally take such a highly dangerous risk, especially when the NHS is free within the United Kingdom for pregnant women. That is neglect, fair enough put your own life at risk, but not the life of an innocent baby!!!

You just never know whats going to happen during child birth!!!!

x

I can't believe any women in this day an age would intentionally take such a highly dangerous risk, especially when the NHS is free within the United Kingdom for pregnant women. That is neglect, fair enough put your own life at risk, but not the life of an innocent baby!!!

Exactly, it's really very selfish! Childbirth was the main cause of death in women before all these medical advances, and at 2 of my siblings def wouldn't have survived an unassisted birth...

Even in the days before technology, women still had midwives! It was recognised that things could go wrong and interference was needed...

These women are potty!!

I can understand being in hospital and trying to stay calm and relaxed and not wanting the midwife there in the room the whole time, and also homebirth with the appropriate medics and midwifes on standby..

But to deny your child any form of care is ridiculous! How can any mother in her right mind feel ok about putting her child at risk like that?!

If you read one of the links i posted, you'll see one of the advocates of this KNOWINGLY gave birth at home to a premie, refused to go to hospital, and watched her baby die in the hours following...

Makes me so sick!! :wall2::mad:

I always liked after the idea of a home birth and didn't give it a second thought where the nearest hospital was but as soon as one of my friends pointed out that the nearest one was 40 minutes away, i wouldn't dare - at least not with my first and with the rest i'd probably rent somewhere closer to the hospital.

Childbirth is one of the biggest causes of death in these third world countries...

Prenatal care is a must.

You can always pretend it's unassisted by getting the midwife to bugger off into the next room unless there is cause for concern but you should definately have someone qualified.

It's just taking the whole "natural birth" too far. Nature kills indiscriminately :(

Last edited:
crazy, I could never think of doing that. My first thought when I found out I was pregnant was to get an appointment. there are so many risks, especially that the baby may not be developing properly and what exactly are you supposed to do about that when the baby is now already in danger because you were too careless to get everything checked how it needs to be?!
it's so insane, it's not like you have to pay thousands of pounds to get a regular check up/scan or to deliver your child safely.
I don't understand what would go through someone's mind to not have anyone professional to give their baby the best chance of SURVIVAL.

I'm all for people doing things their own way, and I'm probably a bit alternative myself but would never risk my babies health just to go against the grain which sounds like this couple. I mean there's so many ways to have very little medical intervention these days and you can refuse tests and scans but to not have a mw on hand during labour and delivery is just plain stupid. Even in the dark ages women had a mw or a doula to assist them! I'm planning a home birth but if things don't look great nearer the time I will deliver in hospital, even though I really don't want to it's not about me it's what's best for the baby. How would you ever live with yourself if baby died?

So I take it she also gets no maternity leave, money or rights either?

Lol, I wish I hadn't now, you know what I'm like for my opinions, I can't keep my mouth shut or agree with the crowd, gets me into trouble every time lol
How's your gorgeous lo pinky? x

Sorry hun, just noticed this! Emily is doing good! :) thanks!

I'm surprised people were agreeing with the poster! I still haven't looked for it yet! I like that you say what you think though!

X

Just had a look, cosmic they really were at your door with the pitchforks.......eeek! :lol:

Ive started posting over there a fair amount (still no where near as much as here!) but some things I stay clear of though as, like you say, its far too argumentative. I love the natural section (birthing and parenting) though and love to post and lurk a fair amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back