Unassisted childbirth???

I'm shocked that loads of women are hoping to do the same!!! x

It is a scary thought, all these woman not telling anyone they are pregnant. No scans, nothing and then just pushing it out by themselves. I don't understand it myself!

I would have liked to have seen more discouraging messages rather than everyone praising it and being impressed by it, I think it gives the wrong message to mums to be. I know pregnancy and birth is a natural event but thanks to medical progress it is a lot safer than it was and mortality rates are at an all time low, why move back in time? x

Wasn't there a lady on here who gave birth at home just her and her hubby? I think it was helenj.
Personally I couldn't do it, I had problems after giving birth to my 1st and I wouldn't of known what to do if there wasn't any mw's with me!

Planned or accidental? Did she have anti natal care? x

It was planned but I think she had someone come around after.
I'm sure she did a birth story in labour and birth.
I can't remember when she gave birth, I think somewhen between nov-dec.

So for example say you don't have any ultrasound scans and you have a low placenta, covering the cervix. Or a disabled baby or baby with anatomical deformities? What if you have an incompetent cervix? What if cord is wrapped around babies neck? I could go on and on.....

I would have been seriously Ill or would have died if I had no assistance as well. I hated how medically managed my labour was but it wasn't just me to consider. Tbh I didn't realise people did this!

Neither did I, I wish I was still naive to it tbh as it winds me up x

I dont understand it as it can be very dangerous but some women think scan ect can cause harm to the baby so I suppose everyones to there own but I could never do it x x

IMO any yet to be proven risks of ultrasound are massively outweighed by the clinical value, but you're right, make your choices and live with them x

I think there are issues legally about someone other than MW or Doc delivering (or Ambulance staff in emergency) a baby here in the UK.

I know that ladies who conceal their pregnancies so receive no anti natal care and 'late bookers' who access mw care late on are looked at by ss.
This lady said that if any legal questions were raised about delivery, she would say they couldn't get to the hospital in time, wink wink.
Still doesnt explain zero anti natal care, unless of course she said she didn't know she was pregnant x

Hummm...Im now reading about this ladies story (Im always in that section lurking :D ) and I think its made me a little more angry that I was before I read it. At some points she says that they were prepared for emergancies but then at other points shes saying they book marked parts of the book that explained things. She says active labour was fast, so would they have actually had time and been prepared and calm enough to sit and read through a step by step guide to how to get a baby out whos shoulders were stuck?! I think not.

I'm glad you feel the same, it really angered me too. Dont you find the other ladies responses worrying? All the praise and almost hero worship for something so irresponsible x

There were others there saying they wanted to do the same thing, but I would have thought they would have picked flaws in that thread as we have, wouldnt they?!

I did find though, that although alot of people were saying congratulations (Im hoping this was on the birth of their boy rather than the way he was born but I know Im being nieve lol), many people said that they could never do it because of the possibility of complications. There was another person on there who seemed to get quite arsey with people who took a slightly negative view of it, whereas the OP answered questions without feeling judged (or at least this is how it came across). I thought the other person was a bit out of order tbh. Its such a strong subject it's going to get both reactions!

I know, I saw that person who got narky, she was also planning an unassisted delivery and didn't like people questioning it. I really hope others don't join this ridiculous behaviour xxx

Bloody wingnut! Why would you risk it?! She was very lucky nothing went wrong. Some people just don't see the bigger picture at all. Geez, I know that its gona be so embarrassing being in labour and having to give birth in front of people I don't know as I get embarrassed quite easily, but there is absolutely NO way that I would not seek medical support/assistance and risk my baby's life! x

Oooer, I've done it now, I had to comment and now they're all after me, I'm gonna need back up lol x

Just reading through it now :) Cant believe I found it first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back