Home and water birth

Lovisa

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am posting in the right section or not but I was hoping for some advice on home and water births.

I really wanted one with my first but due to her being premature I wasn't able to so am aiming to do it this time. I did all my research last time, so really the reson for me posting is to get some advice from people who have had home births or possibly any experts to give me some positive answers.

E's birth ended up being investigated due to the Dr being forceful and pulling her out by her arm (excessive bruising up one arm) and me having a 3rd degree tear.
I know if someone is going to tear, it is going to happen no matter what and even though I had a hard time in the hospital and the Dr made a mistake with whatever he did I am still grateful he was there to get her out and she seems to be healthy now.

But I am starting to think if I am making a mistake trying to go down the route of a home birth, only because a few people are trying to talk to me out of it even though it is something I stongly want to do and what if this new baby might need assitance.....I wouldn't forgive myself if anything went wrong.

People have said to me when you have given birth the first time it stretches you for any more children you decide to have and also if you are in water while you are in labour it softens your cervix.... so if this is definitely true then as long as my pregnancy goes well and baby doesn't decide to arrive to early I should be safe to have a home and water birth shouldn't I??
My midwife doesn't seem to have a problem with my plans of the birth so others shouldn't either should they?

Sorry if I am not making any sense, I think I feel a bit confused and emotional today. Confused as I seem to be getting different views from medical experts with no real reasons and emotional due to Lynette's post regarding Charlotte. I hope Acey, mummy and daddy are ok. My heart really go to them and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a safe and healthy arrival. Just hoping the actual birth can be prolonged more, even though I don't want Charlotte to be in any more pain but I want LO to be ok.
(sorry I've gone off a bit)

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies xx

I would love to have a home birth and I totally would except we live in a flat :roll:

I would also have a waterborth at home if you have the space.

At the end of the day YOU labour how you want to labour and if you choose a home and waterbirth that should be good enough, I would ignore other people and do what you want and what will make you feel more relaxed.

You have done all the research and you know the risks which is more than some people do :)

I would honestly go with what you want at the end of the day your the one having baby no one else :)

xxx

Thank you hun, that is how I am feeling and will push for it unless they is a serious reason why I can't or should not as I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt the baby.
I am going to do more research on it though and also see if there is somewhere that I could buy or rent a birthing pool cheap as we don't have alot of money atm. I know ebay can sometimes be good but its touch and go with the birthing pools on there.

How is your pregnancy going hun and have you made any specific plans that you'd like to do whilst in labour? x

We are having baby in a Birthing Centre and we will be having a water birth.

We had arguments with the midwifes as my BMI was 1 point over the recommended for the unit but I have been healthy and baby has been healthy and the consultant even advised he could see no reason why I couldn't give birth there so that is where we are having baby :) and I can't wait, I feel so much more relaxed knowing we are going to get what we want (as long as he is on time and comes naturally!!!).

I am going to be using hypnobirthing as well as much as possible.

I believe the NCT shop do birthing pools and they are quite cheap or you could use a high sided paddling pool which is what one of my friends used when she had a home birth and water birth :)

http://www.nctshop.co.uk/Eco-Birth-Pool-in-a-Box-/productinfo/4302/

I think my friend had something like this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3650842/Trail/searchtext>PADDLING+POOL.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back