Home birth?

monkeynut

Reaction score
Having been discharged from consultant care back into mw led care I am considering a home birth.

When I had my son 5 years ago I was induced and had the most horrific of births due to what I believe to be unnecessary intervention. It has led to me being more concerned about being in hospital than the actual birth. I think i would have had a very 'easy' labour had I been allowed to move (went from 2- 10cm from being allowed to sit up for epidural).

Anyway, just wondering what others thoughts and experiences were...

Personally I will hopefully be opting for a homebirth when I have another child. My daughter is almost 2 and I had a horrible birth due to the incompitence of the midwife I had. I want a community midwife and I want the midwife there at my becon call and a home birth is the way to get that :)

Good luck with it. See if there are any homebirth related groups near you. The midwife might know of some. There is usually certain midwives that are more 'pro homebirth' so might be worth finding out who that is. Ive already been told the midwife to make sure I have if I want a homebirth so already getting prepared lol.

I had a home birth just under three weeks ago and it was amazing. Our community midwives were SO supportive and encouraging, and the two midwives that we had at the birth were fantastic and reassuring. We loved our experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. I posted my birth story in the birth announcements section, so please go and have a read of that. I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone - as long as you are healthy, confident and not afraid of childbirth, I think it is by far the best birth option. Really hope you go ahead and try for a home birth. Even if you end up in hospital at the end, you've at least tried to stay at home for as long as possible and it will delay the use of intervention, which hospitals are too keen to do these days. Hope this helps xxx

Thanks for that Karen, I'm hoping for a home birth so trying to get as much info as possible :) My midwife is very pro as is DH so I think I have a lot of support for it.

Thanks for that Karen, I'm hoping for a home birth so trying to get as much info as possible :) My midwife is very pro as is DH so I think I have a lot of support for it.

Aw. Lovely to see there are other home birthers here. I felt like a bit of an anomaly, going for a home birth when most people seem to choose hospital/MLUs, so it's good that there are others as 'crazy' as I am :) Glad you've got lots of support - I really hope it goes well for you! xxx

This has really made me think. I didnt enjoy being in hospital while having DD, although it was only 4 hours between arriving there and giving birth, as I felt as though everything was taken out of my control when I got there by bossy midwives who didnt seem to listen to me at all. This time im determined things are going to be different, but I havent even considered a home birth mainly because im terrified something might go wrong.
I love the idea of it, but just dont know if I'd have the courage. Am I being naive?
Hats off to those who have done it as it must be an amazing experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back