Unassisted childbirth???

I lurk there but don't feel very comfortable posting, I feel I know most people on here. I just don't like the feel of it iykwim. I know most on here will tell me if I'm being a weirdo or paranoid or out of order and I take zero offence but on there.... x

Just seen this thread and looked on that forum at the posts.

Cosmic are you still alive?? They were not happy with your comments lol. The OP was fine with them though, she seems to understand that people obviously don't agree with it.
Personally I don't know how she could do it. Anything could have happened to her or the baby! X

I just found the birth story and the other thread and I can't find words to say.. For once in my life I am bloody speechless! x

Found this on one of the links someone posted x

says, "I had natural childbirth"
and B says, "Oh, yeah, well I had PAINLESS childbirth"
and C says, "Well, ladies, I can top that. I had an ORGASM during childbirth!"

and:

A says, "I had my baby in a birth center"
and B says, "Oh, yeah, well I had my baby at HOME"
and C says, "Well, ladies, I can top that. I had my baby at home BY MYSELF!"

now:

A says, "My partner cut the cord"
and B says, "Oh, yeah, well we waited until the cord stopped pulsating and then cut the cord"
and C says, "Well, ladies, I can top that. We didn't cut the cord AT ALL and just waited for it to rot off!"

That is honestly how I see things now a days, a competition, who done the best, least drugs, shortest labour, longest labour, number of pushes etc.. It's about the safe arrival of an infant, no more no less.. Respect any womans decision on what they do or how they do it (apart from UC), but I hate the "I done one better" attitude people have now x

Some things unfortunately don't suprise me any more :( but having had an unassisted birth, there's no way I'd plan one!! Well, it'd be planned to the extent that there's a fair chance baby would just fall out again and I was told after I had E that if I had anymore they'd give me a home birth kit and train up my family, but that's a bit exceptional like! I'd never go completely unassisted tho! Before midwifery became a profession, there were still women "trained" to deliver babies, ok the training would probs just have been passed down thru generations, but people still had folk around that could help! Bloody madness!

god! really think those women are nuts, had a look a thread, almost makes me want to post. Yes I agree, it's neglect. well done cosmic

Thanks girls, I'll hide on here from now on lol x

just read it all! i cant beleive some of the comments! Go Cosmicgirl!! xx

I want to read it but I am soooo confused about where to look!

I didn't bother commenting, good for u though Cosmic, I can't be arsed with people like the person posting who wasn't even the OP.. The way I look at it, why get so defensive? If you are confident in your own decisions it should go over your head x

I love the way the op says that she didn't tell some people it was unassisted, so she obviously knew it was irresponsible and wasn't 100% comfortable with it was she? At least have the courage of your convictions x

She told her own parents that there was a MW there :shock:

it is ver risky of her to do that, what if something happend during birth

I think this is so irresponsible to not have seen any medical professional during the pregnancy is bad enough. but to not notify someone during the labour i would also see as child endangerment at best.
I would not be here if it was not for the medical professionals that helped my mum as her waters broke and never reformed and held when she was 29 weeks pregnant mum was on a drip for the next couple of weeks and i was born at 8 weeks prem.
My sister also needed a blood transfusion after the birth of her first things can go wrong so quick during pregnancy and labour.

I have no idea where this womans birth story is or what forum you guys are talking about but would be interesting to see why she did this and why everyone else encourages it i personal would not be able to put my child at risk like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back