tummy time

kellylou

Reaction score
At what age did you start giving baby tummy time to strengthen muscles?

Lizzie has had tummy time every day since she was about 4 weeks. She can hold her head up when I'm holding her, and when I burp her up on my shoulder she's very good with her neck muscles and is looking all around. But when she has tummy time she really can't be bothered, she'll lift her head if I put her in front of the TV but she won't do it for just me!

Try to do a bit every day but G doesn't seem to like it very much so don't do long. His neck muscles are pretty strong anyway.

Charley had tummy time from afew days old. He's always hated being on his tummy though and started rolling over front to back at 9 weeks! I'm sure it's cos he hates it so much!

Sofia can hold her head up for ages on her own now, and she isnt quite 3 weeks old! she loves tummy time. i started about a week ago. she loves just generally lying on the floor on her back or front! shes so alert and looking around at things, my HV said shes welllllll ahead of what she should be, dunno why!

My lil man could hold his head up all day long on my shoulder but the minute he's on the mat....Nada :eh:

I give Isla some tummy time everyday but she's not keen. Occasionally lifts her head up but seems to mostly rub her face on the mat and then gets annoyed.

Alex has had a strong lift on his head for weeks too but read that now he should be on ummy to strengthen arm muscles and push himself up more and we only put him on tummy when he is on our chests and he lifts his head up and noses around so might try on his play gym now or blanket to see how he gets on!

My lil man could hold his head up all day long on my shoulder but the minute he's on the mat....Nada :eh:

Snap!

Eva too! She can hold her head up when being held upright or on my chest.

I put her on her tummy on my bed the other day and all she did was put her face down on the bed and started kicking and screeching blue murder! :wall2:

I will have to start encouraging her to go on her tummy and maybe she will realise that she's got to learn how to roll over at some point.

Zac hated tummy time, he would get really frustrated and start crying and sucking his thumb, but I still did it for a minute or so every day from about 4weeks and one day it just clicked and now he prefers to be on his tummy, even flips himself onto his tummy in his sleep! X

amelia only likes to be on her tummy before her bath and on our bed every evening any other time she hates it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back