Peaking tummy muscles - what does this mean?

CorrieFan

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was at aquanatal this morning and during one excersise the midwife asked if anyone had noticed their tummy muscles 'peaking' when they got out of bed or the bath or whatever. She demo'd with her hands what peaking was and it is as though your tummy muscles come to a point in a line down your tummy - place tips of your fingers together to visualise what I mean.

I was the only person who said I had noticed this :( and she came up to me and said, oh your tummy muscles have split or severed or something. She made me miss out on one of the excersises.

I'm only 23 weeks pregnant - can my tummy muscles really have torn already? Anyone else notice 'peaking'?

Hi,

I think I know what you are talking about, I have noticed this a good few times now where my tummy looks like it's gone into a pointy triangle from my lower abdomen upwards. I have noticed getting up from sitting down if I'm in the nip :shock: and getting out of bed.

It looks mighty strange, but I just thought it was one of those pregnancy things as I'm not hurting or anything.

Oh, and um, another time I have noticed it is during sex :oops: ,!! Looks like I have a triangle trying to get out of my abdomen :rotfl:

I don't think there is anything wrong with it as it's just our bodies changing and my sis said hers was the same when I mentioned it. If your not in pain I wouldn't worry. Seriously, sometimes midwifes can put the fear of god in us for no good reason at all! Just don't do any excersise your not supposed to (i.e. nothing on your back after 4 months) and dont continue an excersise if it starts to be uncomfortable and hurt.

Yay, we are starting a new trend of triangle belly on the Preg forum!! :lol:

C xxx

Yay - the weird triangle - that's it!! Am relieved I'm not the only one in the wtg. Let's hope more people feel they can join us. We should learn to embrace our inner triangles. :lol:

And no, mine doesn't hurt either. That's why I was a bit suprised when she told me to avoid a particular excersise. Must be because my tummy muscles aren't strong enough to do it. And I always thought I was quite a fit bird!

God knows!!! I'm a little confused tbh! I get a pointy belly when i use my muscles to sit up but that link says to feel for it and i cant feel a bloody thing!!

Agh well tbh i dont really care if they're seperated, i always had crap stomach muscles anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back