TTC with a 3 month old...

BabysMomma

Reaction score
Am I nuts :lol:

So it took me about 10 years to conceive with my DD and I would dearly love to conceive again and have my next baby close in age, but am I jumping in too quickly?

I'm just scared that it's not going to happen again and at 34 years old I feel that I don't really have the time to wait after it taking so long last time.

My DS is 14 and that's a huge age gap between my kids. Looking at the TTC posts my head is in a spin about ovulation dates etc etc. I'm just hoping that nature will take its course iykwim.

I just don't know if my body will take on another pregnancy so soon after having my DD who is only 3 months old? However I've heard that one is more fertile just after giving birth etc. x

I have no idea about whether its too early or not but my cousin had a baby about 7 months ago and she's now 5 months pregnant.. some people have all the luck..

But if its what you want then go for it! No one should tell you when to try, its your choice! Lots of baby dust for you if it's what you decide!

xx

Good luck!

You're right in that your body is more likely to be fertile after having a child. Its one of the reasons midwifes always talk about contraception so early on and lots of people end up with 2 children very close in age. Hopefully it'll happen quickly for you :)

Thanks ladies x

Oh wow ChloeNat, how wonderful and yes lucky for your cousin! x

AugustMum, I really hope it happens soon. I know it'll be damn hard work but I want my DD to have someone close in age to grow with. It saddens me that my DS missed out on this iykwim. x

It will be hard work but like you say, the positives will outweigh in. Just think how close they'll be and how cute it'll be when they're toddlers and playing together. At least your DS will have 2 little babies to help look after :)

I'm the same as you, got a 14 year old and want Kynon to have a brother or sister close in age. I'm 36 so don't want to wait too long either, don't want to take the risk of leaving it until I'm nearly 40. Obviously Kynons only 3 weeks old so no chance of letting hubby come near me just yet lol! I'm thinking of doing the same as you and just see what happens, I'm breastfeeding so heard this acts as a contraception until 6 months anyway.

Thanks AugustMum x

Aww Sarah13, congratulations on the birth of your Kynon! What a cool name and I LOVE your ticker!

:lol: Yeh there was absolutely zero way that my OH would've gotten near me 3 weeks after giving birth! It's good to hear that there's someone else out there in the same situation ;) Yes I've heard that breastfeeding can act as a contraceptive, not sure for how long though but ya never know ;)

Sending lots of luck for when you DO allow hubby near you :lol: x

Guess I'll see what happens, the sleepless nights are a bit of a put off but at least you get them out of the way together!

close age gaps rock :) I hope to be pregnant asap so that Jasper can still grow up with a sibling very close in age

Just such a shame it wasnt to be last time xx

you 2 give me hope....you have both just given birth and are happy to go through it again....he he

so cant be that bad xx

you 2 give me hope....you have both just given birth and are happy to go through it again....he he

so cant be that bad xx

The lack of sleep and after pains are much worse!

oh god....never even thought about after pains...they are probably not helped by the lack of sleep eh...huge viscious circle...xx

still worth it all though?? xx

Hey hun I'm leading by example I know my son is 8 months but I starting trying when he was 6 months as I have PCOS and it took me 6 months to concieve with him. Theres me saying if period came I would slap my patch on and bang I get caught :) x

my ds is 18 years old and my second ds is 13 months, took us a while to conceive after a few heartaches and im dying to start trying again, as im not getting any younger as i will be 38 in january.

I am close in age to my brother and it's great always had someone to play barbies with although he wanted to play with ninja turtles (showing my age now!). We are also really close and i put that down to being close in age.

I say get to it!!

Good luck

xx

Thanks everyone for all of your very encouraging words and support! Gosh you ladies rock!! x

Samsgirl - Totally worth it hunni! I had a c-section 1st time around with my DS and had a vaginal birth this time around with my DD, only gas and air and I didn't even get that until 8cms dilated, and I can honestly say that I'd pick the latter experience without a doubt hands down! It's amazing how you and your body cope during labour and birth.

I never understood it when women would say that as soon as you birth your baby you forget all about the pain, but that truly happened in my recent experience. It does hurt :lol: but not like you expect it to. It's kinda hard to put it into words though. You just need to ride with it and let your body's natural pain relief kick in and the only way that can happen is if you stay calm. Easy for me to say eh ;) But you'll be absolutely fine hunni.

After my c-section I had sworn off being pregnant again (only lasted a couple of years) however this time around I seriously would've went through it all again after a month of giving birth. Maybe I'm just barmy :lol: x

Last edited:
oh god....never even thought about after pains...they are probably not helped by the lack of sleep eh...huge viscious circle...xx

still worth it all though?? xx

Oh yeah still def worth it!

I think it's entirely up to you :) my OH wants to try for another baby as soon as Grace is here but I'm not too keen on that idea :lol: I wish you all the best TTC xxx

Thanks Tiff x I see you are down to single figures now! How exciting!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back