Hi trying to decide

nutella

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here. I thought I'd join as I have been on google to get info on ttc and this site kept popping up with loads of info. Anyway, I have 3 wonderful and well behaved kids DS 11, DD 6 and DD 3. I thought my family was complete, even though we said we'd always want 4 kids, but I felt content when I had DD 3 and as a result told everyone that we had completed our family, HOWEVER, my broody nature has returned and I'm feeling the urges to go for baby #4. I don't expect anyone in my family will be suprised! Hubby and I have spoken about it and he seems happy that I'm broody again so we are trying to decide what to do.

We currently live in a 2 bedroom house with a downstairs room converted to make it a 3 bed. We are writing up our plans for our extension so hopefully this year our home will begin to look like a 4 bed I am also planning to apply for my nursing degree for 2013 entry but if I decide on having a baby, then this will have to go on hold. The reason I don't want to wait until after training is that the age gap would be HUGE between DD 3 and baby 4.

I have 2 options:

1) Train as Nurse and then have big age gap
2) Wait to train and then have baby but will have to train with a 1 yr old

What would you do? This is the only thing we are unsure of. If my future career wasn't an issue we'd be starting soon.

I was wanting to do my nursing degree too and put it on hold for a baby.

I dont know your age or anything but wouldnt you take the age factor into consideration? Do you have a lot of time to be able to complete your nursing then TTC?

I think you have to weigh up the pros and cons, do it the old fashioned way with a list split down pros and cons and write.

Having a baby needs to include a lot of factors which I dont know all of, only you will know what you are and not able to do.

Personally though, if it was me, I would get my house sorted. TTC number 4 and then do nursing afterwards. Reason being is you can go to uni with a kid, plenty of people do it! I work in the NHS as well and the jobs is diabolical due to everyone being on redeployment. Obviously every where is different but I would deffo choose a baby first lol, esp if you are really broody!

Good luck :)

Last edited:
not sure about you, but when that broody feeling comes, I couldn't wait for anything - I'm finding it hard already and only been of the pill almost 3 weeks, lol

I love my job but personally I could leave tomorrow if it meant I could have a baby. Good luck for what ever you choose x

I would get the house sorted and your career sorted then have baby 4.

Fights between your kids will happen the more squashed for space they are.
Hubbys got 2 brothers - middle one is 4 years younger than him and youngest is 8 years younger yet we all get on great together :)

There's 2 years between me and my brother and I hate him that much I don't want anything to do with him. (he's arrogant, self centered and a bully)

But we all know these brooding urges - sometimes we just have to give in to them :p

hmmmm I have to disagree with that, personally me and my brother get on very well more so than me and my younger brother who has a 6 year age gap from me. my partner and his brother dont get on and they are 5 years apart.

I think bonds between siblings depends on the siblings and their personalities, not so much the ages. Kids will fight no matter what the age is lol.

my kids all have small gaps between 2-4 yrs between each appart from last one 6 yrs,they have always bickered about this n that but never badly my 2 oldest get on fab they are 22 and 19 girl and boy my 2 middle ones not so gd as they are boy n girl but i think they both have middle child syndrome and clash badly but most the time they get along lol bk to the question for me wen the broodyness came that was it i had to have a baby asap nothing else mattered just like it is now i so want another baby it physicaly hurts but thats made worse with 2 mmcs this past yr and my age,so for me i would get ur house in order and then ttc and then think again about nursing as age is a big factor wen ttc so ur talking another 4-5 yrs ish once u finish ur training and get settled then the getting pregnant who know how long that will take even if u think ur highly fertile cos u had 3 no problems age is a big factor with this and higher risk of mc comes with age, xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back