Trying not to get my hopes up

leesey

Reaction score
I already wrote this in another thread so thought I'd just see what you guys thought.

So far, in my diary over the last week I've had:

1. Very very gassy (tmi!!) 6/7 DPO (days past ovulation)
2. Constipation and diarrhoea in the same day - tmi but very bizarre! 8DPO
3. CM and being repulsed by the smell of crisps that I normally love 8DPO
4. Very spotty face, total breakout, crying uncontrollably over something silly 9DPO
5. Sore heavy bbs, cramps 10DPO
6. Slight nausea today, thought I was going to be sick eating a burger, couldn't even finish it 11DPO

Despite all these possible symptoms, i still think I might be out this month, don't know why but I just think AF is coming, even though it's not due for over 3 days.

So I've been trying not to get my hopes up, but then got a little glimmer of hope when I posted my symptoms on another post, then my ticker said 'most common symptom for today (11DPO) is nausea' - and that's my symptom today!!

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, I don't want to be gutted when my period comes so I was trying to be all laid back about it :doh:

Oh Ive been there - wishing you all the luck for a big fat positive asap - when are you going to test?

Oh I'm going to stalk you!! Wishing you lots of luck for that BFP!!! X

Ok so I promised myself I wouldn't test til Wednesday, but I've only gone and bought a first response 2 pack when I was at Tesco. That was silly cos it means I'm going to be tempted tomorrow! And Tuesday!

It still really feels like my period is going to be here any second, so I'm convinced I'm out for the month. I'll still be gutted if I get a BFN though, I shouldn't be letting myself get carried away!!

Still, fx!!

DONT TEST YET HUNNY!! wait be strong just a few more days!! You can do it!! DONT POAS!!!
X

DONT TEST YET HUNNY!! wait be strong just a few more days!! You can do it!! DONT POAS!!!
X

Trying so hard, but I'm starting to rationalise testing tomorrow as I have an appointment at the doctors in the afternoon anyway!!

Update - just got metallic smell in nose (obviously not metallic taste in mouth but could be linked?). Also surprisingly hungry for this time of night, like I'm needing another dinner or something!!

Update again - it's in my mouth, or my saliva or something, not in my nose!! When I started thinking about what I was going to eat, I salivated a bit and got a strong metallic taste. I really don't want to take a test because I'm scared of BFN but I now actually can't help but feel hopeful :(

Last edited:
Realised in the middle of the night last night that my calculations were off by at least 2 days (I didn't think I had a 32-34 day cycle!), and AF should have been due today at the latest, Saturday at the earliest.
Tested in the middle of the night, BFN. Didn't have time to test this morning.

I do honestly think AF will be here any second, I keep checking, but it's not like me to get mild cramps over a matter of days, I normally get agonising cramps the day before my period and bam! period is here.

The only thing I can think of, is that I was at the docs today getting bloods done because I thought I might be anaemic. This may be why AF isn't here when it should be.

I'm going to be cynical now, cos I'm really quite sad about getting BFN :( Which is silly I know, considering it's only cycle 2 of many!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back