Trying for baby no 2 thoughts?

violet13

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I had a c section with Harrison as a lot of you know but I am unbelievably broody I want my children close in age so we've decided we want to start trying for a second baby in September it'll be a year by then since I had my c section and by the time baby is born my little boy will be almost two so I think it seems like a good plan haha xxx

That's exactly what I did. My son was born by c-sec in Feb 2014 and I've just had my daughter naturally Feb 2016.

I was recommended an excellent Facebook group about vbac's (basically natural birth after c-section) which answered alot of questions I had about being pregnant second time round

It's called vbac support group uk

I got pregnant again when my daughter was around 1 year old. I had my son when my daughter was 21 months old. It worked out fine (both were C-sections for medical reasons)... although having them close in age is rather stressful and hectice a lot of the time!!! I don't regret it though x

Thank you both :) I'm hoping to try for vbac, I had a c section because my little boy was in distress and I wasn't dilating properly I was also induced which I am not having again. It was awful and beyond horrific I know labour hurts but the contractions where seconds to mins to half an hour at one point and kept going like that my body reacts strongly to the drug apparently. Me and hubby have both said if baby comes around due date that's fine I'll go a week over but by 42 weeks I want a scheduled c section at least this time I know what's what xxx

We're getting married in December. Hoping to get my coil taken out end of November ready to try :oooo: baby girl will be 2 next February. She loooooves babies! 2 of my friends have recently had babies and she's all over them, all she says is baaaaby! The girls at her nursery asked me if I was pregnant because she was walking round going mummy daddy baby, mummy daddy baby. It's only 39 weeks til the wedding though so no chance of having one before :shock: took a year to fall pregnant- hoping won't take that long this time! Xxx

I had my son in March 2014 and fell pregnant in August 2015. My son will be 2years and 2 months old when she arrives on 4th May. I'm Having a planned section because that's my choice but I think I would have a section over an induction any day

Jo jo that is your choice and I hope you have a good recovery I had an emergency one with my baby so I'm gonna try vbac the second time haha but honestly don't too much too soon just rest as much as you can and don't go outside a lot if you're too hot I got pneumonia from doing that too much. I hope everything goes well :) xxx

I had my daughter my emergency caesarian in June 2014 and I'm due number two in October. I'm in two minds about what I want to do as my recovery was really hard after the csec. Saying that, I'd rather have a planned csec than an emergency one as I've heard recovery is better (last time I laboured for 37 hours first and lost lots of blood :() I'm scared if I go vbac, it'll end in emergency csec so I just don't know x

Congrats on ttc 2.

If you can go with a vbac go for it. Ive never been sectioned but wouldnt ideally want a section unless medically advised. Planned or emergency.

Im probably the odd one out to say I wouldnt mind another induction. My labour was short, sweet and recovered super fast.

But as always go with whats right for you and baby(when it comes) :p

xxxx

Last edited:
My Lo is nearly 11 months, people keep asking when we'll try for no2 and I'm feeling like now is the time we "should" be trying for another but I think i want a larger gap. Good luck to you violet I hope you get your vbac. I think I'm going to wait until this time next year, tbh I'd happily wait another 2 years but don't think oh will be happy me being off work for 6 years!

And re going over due, I thought (but might just be my area) hey only let you go 1 week over with your 2nd?

Last edited:
My first was an elective section in March 2014. We wanted 2 close together so tried after 9 months and fell pregnant straightaway. I wanted a vbac as Amelia was only 18 months and still a baby herself. It was hard enough having a new baby arrive and it would have been even harder on her if I couldn't pick her up. It wasn't a straightforward birth as Charlotte was back to back and ended being a forceps delivery in theatre but I'm so glad it didn't end in a section!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back