C-Section your thoughts

minikins

Reaction score
What a birth my little Dominic had!!

I don't want to put full details on here as i don't want to scare people due to give birth - needless to say the whole birth/emergancy c-section experience was not the best.

I really wanted to give birth as nature intended (with drugs of course ;) ), but after a 20 hour labour and various complications I had an emergancy C - section. I would never choose to have a C section, but you can choose this option if you wish.

I am just curious to know whether anyone here would choose to go through a C section and why.

If anyone does want a detailled update on the birth I had then drop me a PM, as i said I don't want to put full details on the forum as my experience was not a nice one.

I have to say though everything is worth it in the end as I have a beautiful baby boy :) and that is the main thing!

x

Hi minikins,
Sorry to hear the birth was so hard on you (do PM me the storey by the way)

I have been wondering about the whole c-section thing, as I have been given the choice of an elective one. As I wont be having pethadine and an epi probably wount work on me due to spinal problems, the hospital have said that if it gets to the point where I cant take anymore they will do one for me. Obviously this is not a route I want to go, for much the same reasons you stated, but at the same time if labour goes on for a reduculous amount of time and gas and air just aint enough then I think it would proably be better for me and little one to just get it over with, thats the only reason I would consider it.

I dont quite understand why anyone would elect to have such evasive surgery, surly if its just because of not wanting to go through the pain of childbirth then you would just have an epi not surgery!
What I did find interesting though is apparently Posh Spice had all hers early by elective c-section so as to avoid getting stretch marks, now that really is to posh to push!

I would never choose to have a c-section, I've never quite understood why people choose them when they don't need them. You might not feel the pain of vaginal childbirth, but the recovery with a c-section is supposedly more painful.

at the end of the day it's major surgery and i'm not keen on the idea of it unless it is 100% necessary! :?

i had to have an emergency c-section 10 weeks ago, my daughter was breech and it was stressing her cos she was pretty much stuck!!!

so it wasn`t my choice but i must say a c-section turnt out the best thing for both of us!!

i had no after pains/ problems after. i was up and walking within 8 hours, i would definately have another if it was needed.

Awww, I'm sorry your labor was rough! In scenarios like yours, thank god for c-sections! I'm just shocked that people actually schedule one when they don't need them. In the end, all that matters is the health and safety of mommy and baby.

I'll be having a planned section as I've had two emergency sections previously. My first was born naturally, my second was a horrible emergency section, my third was a good emergency section.

The only thing I'm worried about this time is the epidural as I'm going to be awake. I'd rather have a natural birth, but after trying for a natural birth last time and it not working out, I'm happy to go with whatever is safest for me and baby, and for the first time in all my birth experiences, I'm hoping to actually feel as though I'm in control.

Tracy xx

AmberNicole said:
Awww, I'm sorry your labor was rough! In scenarios like yours, thank god for c-sections! I'm just shocked that people actually schedule one when they don't need them. In the end, all that matters is the health and safety of mommy and baby.

Totally agree, c sections need to happen when things are not going well!

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts, will PM u the details Cat

xxxx

i had a c section on sunday and anyone who has one done volenterily must be mad its the worst experience of my life if she had been my first there would have never been any more think twice before having one

tommy said:
i had a c section on sunday and anyone who has one done volenterily must be mad its the worst experience of my life if she had been my first there would have never been any more think twice before having one

You poor thing, sounds like how I feel. I am worried now as I would like to have another brother or sister for Dominic as he is my first, but after this experience I am really scared about another birth!!

ARGH !!!

If you want to chat Tommy we can probably benefit for chatting on this topic.

Hugs,

xx

I had to have an emergency c section and I would rather have had natural birth all the way! Was gutted when I had to have the section but it was well worth it for my little man. Anyone who elects to have one for no good reason must be mad! Recovery time is awful and there are so many risks with infections and things. I had an infection after my section and it was awful! Only good thing is that it got my little man here safely!

i also had emergency c-section which i was hoping not to have, especially after 18 hours of labour and then told i need one!!

I found the hardest thing, having to buzz for midwife to pass me Dominic from his crib as I was in too much pain to move, that was so harsh and they never came when you buzzed them. So I felt hopeless and couldn't help my crying baby straight away :(

yes i know how you feel exactly minikins, trying to comfort a screaming baby when your in a lot of pain and can hardly move is extremly hard. like you said, it takes ages for midwifes to actually get to you when you buzz them. it was horrible watching them, feed him and change his nappy etc, felt hopeless!!

with kylie i had an emergency c-sec because she was breech and i was scared stiff
i had no idea wat they were doing they didnt explain nethin

ne1 who would choose that is mad

xoxoxox

I think we are all agreed that we would never choose to have one as we are too posh to push etc.

And after 20 hours labour it was the final insult and I was so drugged up I don't really remember him coming out!! lol

Strange though how at the time I said I would never go through this again and now I already want another baby. It took four years to conceive this one so we are getting cracking, just incase!!

That was the worst part! Not being able to go and pick my baby up. Took ages for me to hold him as well as I was laid on my back and couldn't move for ages so my partner just kept showing him to me. That really upset me as I wanted to give him a huge cuddle!

Kayl1986 said:
I ended up with a c-section aswell after nearly 24 hours in labour

I too was drugged up and so exhausted.

bless what a mare

Well Im going to back peddle here now lol!

After now having experienced child birth, I must say that next time round I will be looking at having a cesarian under general anesthetic!

after a long and difficult labour I gave birht to a huge baby that did me some damage. Not only did I tear and brise very badly (still hurting now) but my tailbone was pushed out so sitting is painfull and I can hear my tailbone clicking and grinding. this will not go away till the relaxin hormone wears off, so a good few weeks yet! couple that with the fact Im now anemic from blood loss so feeling very run down and tired and not to mention the evil pain of suffering a spinal head ache which confined me to the bed for 9 days post birth so I was unable to breast feed or properly care for my baby. If Im to continue producing huge babies I will not be going for natural childbirth again. The midwife has already advised that we wait at least 2 years for my body to recover before trying for any more!

I think at the end of the day it depends on the individual and what their body is capable of. If you suffered a long and hard labour only to have an emergency c-secion at the end of it, your poor body is having to recover from both! I feel that for me recovering from a c-section would not have been as hard for me physically as childbirth was.

-Cat- said:
I think at the end of the day it depends on the individual and what their body is capable of. If you suffered a long and hard labour only to have an emergency c-secion at the end of it, your poor body is having to recover from both! I feel that for me recovering from a c-section would not have been as hard for me physically as childbirth was.

You poor thing. You are totally right, vaginal birth can be just as bad really. I guess I would have to experience that first. Well I nearly did, I got round to pushing after 20 hours then after 20 mins of that things changed and they whipped me in.

I agree on what you said above about circumstances etc, it's just not something I would choose to do, but if I had had a natural birth like you just described, I would want a c-section too, as least next time round you won't have to worry about a long labour etc.

I was just so annoyed that my 20 hours of labour counted for nothing in the end - lol !

How are you feeling now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back