Anyone got a 7-8 year age gap between their children?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
We were planning to start trying for another baby when Jake was 2-3 but I have now decided to do my nurse training. This means that we won't beable to start trying for another baby until Jake is atleast 6. I am a bit upset about this really because I wanted my children to grow up together but there isn't much I can do about it if I want to do my nurse training. I was just wandering how close your children are and how you have found having children 7-8 years apart.

Theres 9yrs between me and my older bro and 6yrs between me and my sister... and i think we were all ok growing up. i'm quite close to my brother.

There's 6yrs between my neice and her little sister too and they are really close.. :)

Don't worry hun it'll be at least ten years before i even start thinking about another one :lol:

and there was an 11 year age gap between my mum and my uncle,and they were and still are really close,my mum is like a second mum to him :D

I know its not quite the same but Jess was 5 and a half when Aimee was born and in lots of ways its much better than having them close together. They can help you feed and change baby and really get to know them. You have plenty of time to get to know the baby yourself while the older one is in school plus there's no fighting in the early days. They can help you out by getting a nappy or bottle ect which is a big help :D Having them close together has made me feel guilty that I don't have enough time for each child and I have never had any alone time with Nathan and hes 1 tomorrow and the year just seems to have gone by in a blur.

theres 8 years between my two.... and I think its quite handy tbh... Tia's old enough to help out but not too young to be overly enthusiastic about things...

Squiglet said:
theres 8 years between my two.... and I think its quite handy tbh... Tia's old enough to help out but not too young to be overly enthusiastic about things...
What she said :lol:
There is 7 years between my too and mostly they get on great

I have 3 children from a previous marriage, I had Katie when Aimee was only 17 months, then when Katie was 3 I had Matthew.
Since then I have met a new partner and have just had our baby boy Robbie. Matthew is 7. He is loving being a BIG brother and helps out so much, he is so proud and loves showing him off!
It is also handy having older children as they can help a lot. Feeding, changing running upstairs for something you may of forgot! But they love the responsibility.

It all depends on our situation but me and OH have said if and when we want to try for another baby it'll be when Harrison's around 5 years, that way we would have had time to spend with Harrison on his own and watching him grow up & hopefully he'll be able to understand a bit, be helpful and he'll be at full time school so I will get to spend time with the baby during the day without Harrison feeling left out.
Gemma personally I would say go and do your nurse training because in years to come you may regret it if you don't. The chance to have children is still going to be there in a few years time, maybe your nurse training will too but It may be harder to do when you have two children to look after. :hug: :hug: Good luck whatever you choose hun

Brooke was 6 and a half when i had Olivia. She didnt really "mother" her like i thought she would. Unless my nieces and nephew or her friend was looking or holding her then shwe would be there constantly watching her and asking to hold her so they couldn't.

She loved to help bath her, changer her and feed her etc but she soon got bored! She was and still is brilliant with keeping her occupied when i was busy! Now she will play with her, watch tv with her and pick her up if she is upset and try and settle her. She does have her moments when she will blank Olivia or tease her but not very often!

The only thing she really moans about is when Olivia's watching her programmes and she wants to watch Hannah Montana :rotfl:

EDIT: It was hard work at first trying to involve Brooke in everything so she didint feel left out, but it was easy in the way that Brooke could dress her self and get her self in a morning and at night when i was seeing to Olivia

there is 17 years between me and my brother.....we get on brilliantly. we are so close and have never argued...not sure if thats cos we didnt live together long as he moved out at 18 :rotfl:

i've got quite a wide range of ages here, Georgia=11 & half.
Josh 6 yrs & then Louie 16mths.

they are all close & georgia loves playing mummy to Louie, he & Josh fight, but i think siblings will argue no matter what the age gap :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back