• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tough few weeks

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I haven't been on for a while as i've had probably the worst few weeks of my life. My OH's best friend was declining in illness recently (he has leukemia) so we have been concentrating on him. Last Friday (29th) was my birthday and sadly our friend passed away at 5.15pm that day. i see it as a blessing that it was my birthday as now every year he will be part of my day.

i have crohns disease which is a bowel disorder and over the past few weeks i have been feeling rough with it (no doubt caused by stress!) and last sunday was taken into hospital for a few days. Needless to say ttc has been the last thing on my mind.

starting to feel a bit better now so thought i would check in on everyone!

as a result of my illness i am on 14 tablets per day, 8 of which are steriods so i think ttc is on hold for another month or so for me - which is good as me and OH need some time to relax and get over this horrendous time. I'm still giong to come on here and catch up with you lovely ladies though xxxx

Sorry things have been tough for you recently. I was actually just thinking about you this morning and wondering if you'd been on recently because I saw a comment from you in an older thread and realised I hadn't seen you around.

Sorry for your loss, but like you said, it'll be nice to share something with him on your birthday now. A very good teacher of mine passed away several years ago and we're heading into that time now, always makes me feel a little bit grateful that I got to know him when I did.

Hope you continue to feel better. :hugs:

I'm sorry about your friend passing, i'm sure he's in a better place and it's nice that you can remember him on your birthday :)

I hope your OH is finding some way to deal with his grief.

Sorry about your Crohns disease, can't be pleasant :(

I've been having a pretty shitty time of it too recently - it can only get better i suppose :) I hope it's not on off those gets worse before it gets better situations for me anyway :shock:

Chin up, you'll be back to norm before you know it :hug:

aww am sorry to hear that :hug: to you and ur partner
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ahh hun I was afraid your absence from here was due to your friend, I am very sorry to hear he passed away hope you and your OH are doing ok.

Sorry to here you have been poorly as you said it was probably due to the stress of everything.

Hope you feel better soon and stay positive good things will come your way x x x x x x x x x x x

Take care my lovely...lots of snuggles for you and OH required I reckon

xx

Sorry for the loss of your friend, it must be very hard to deal with and to watch someone suffer when you know there isn't going to be a happy ending. Big hugs xx

So sorry to hear you've been having a tough time - it can't be easy at the mo for you or OH; hope you are finding strength from each other.
x

So sorry for the awful time you've had of it sweetie :hug: :hug: hoping things start to look up for you guys now and that you are on the mend xx

I'm new on here so I hope you dont think I'm being weird but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your tough time - sounds awful :(
Sending hugs along with my hello x

Sorry to hear that hun. :(

P.S. I used to have UC - v. similar to Crohns so if you ever need to chat or rant, feel free to message me! I was diagnosed when I was 6 years old and when mine got really bad, I was on 12 steriods a day! I'm 20 now and after a few ops, am clear of it but I remember it all v. well so can defo sympathise hun, it's not nice. :( Hope you feel better soon. x x

Last edited:
ah thanks miss july! that's really interesting to hear as i actually have UC and not crohns but most people have never heard of UC so i tell them it's like crohns! im on 8 steriods a day at the moment. I will probably inbox you actually - i love this forum,. so supportive xxx

Really sorry for your loss hun and I hope that you get well soon. :hugs:

xx

sorry to hear your having such a hard time! my father in law has chrones and its an awful thing! hope you are feeling better soon and can get back to ttc!

hope you feel better soon. x

Here for you anytime. Send me a PM if you need to chat, but sounds like you have good support being together xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back