Today's GP appointment.

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm writing to you from my bed, really unwell, got a bad earache and dosed up on anti-b's but very happy!

Will try and cut a long story short...

45min appointment, saw a different GP - a male - who was lovely, told him absolutely every detail and he was really helpful. He examined me, asked loads of questions and said he wants to confirm or rule out PCOS so right there and then, he booked us into a private hospital to see a Gyno, we've got our appointment for the 4th October!! :yay:

He e-mailed the department head and explained our situation, he wants them to do scans/possible internal to see if it's PCOS, if it is, he wants to start me on Metformin!

If it's not then he will refer us to a private fertility clinic where we can have further tests and treatment. Hopefully this won't happen and I'll get cracking with the Metformin!

I'm really surprised, thought we'd be waiting AGES but so happy that we've got an appointment and things are moving!

x x

That is wonderful news MissJ

Really hope you are feeling well again soon xx

Oh i'm so happy for you MissJ - that's great news :)

I'm sorry you are feeling so rough though - hope you are better soon xx

Thanks ladies, I'm attempting to smile but it really hurts to - damn this earache! :brat:

x x

Great news missj! So pleased for you!

Hope you feel better soon.

Xxx

So glad things are happening so quickly for you :hug:

Lxx

Really really happy that it went well for you but sorry your damned earache is still playing up Xxxxx

Really really happy that it went well for you but sorry your damned earache is still playing up Xxxxx

Lol thanks. It's crap, I went out for lunch and could barely eat cos it hurt my jaw so much. :(

Good news for my diet though! ;)

x

Oh im so happy for you honey :) its exciting and goes so quick when you finally get referred. Were all coming along nicely on the LTTTC section xxx

Thanks ladies, I'm trying not to get too excited about the Metformin because it might not even be PCOS but I just so hope it is!! x x

Miss j I'm day 7 taking metformin - Cd1 as jus had AF so fingers crossed the metformin will help me this month so fingers crossed - do be aware of the odd need to dash to the toilet tho :blush: have had only 1 bad day in 7 so not as bad as some people x
Goodluck with it- hope it works for us both x

Ahhh wonderful news Miss J!! :pompom::pompom::pompom:

So pleased for you, I see a lot of LTTTC BFPs on the horizon!!

xx

Ooh really DW? I've read about some of the side effects - hopefully you (and hopefully me too!) aren't too badly affected by it. x

Thanks Maybe, I reckon it's about time too! :yay: x

I'm so nervous about seeing the Gyno. I was in bed last night and on my bedside table was my digi opk with the test stick still in it and a cheapie OPK as well and all I could think of was that we've passed the stage of POAS and trying to guess what's what... It felt so weird to think we've made some progress and it just really hit me that this was it.... We're going to try and fall pregnant with our first baby with help from the doctors. :shock:

I feel silly writing this but I think now we've got an appointment and we've been referred, it feels so much more real.

I know that had we stuck with the crap GP, we'd be nowhere near a referral and he'd probably still be stringing us along! :trouble:

DH told the GP that he'd already had fertility/sperm tests but he was willing to go through it all over again. I really appreciated him saying that and I think my heart melted a bit. :blush: I remember DH being really uncomfortable with the idea of even discussing TTC and he used to get really upset when we spoke about it so him saying that last night really meant something to me. :love:

I hope he doesn't have to and that they confirm PCOS!!!

x x

Last edited:
Fingers crossed miss j you won't be too badly affected by the metformin either :)
Excited were finally getting somewhere!! Quite a few metformin success stories so fingers crossed x x

Thank you hun. :) Just need to get it diagnosed then we're well on our way! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back