Today's appt with the consultant

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi girls,

had an appointment with the consultant at the hospital today. he agreed my bump has shrunk and said baby is probably engaged, done a check and it turns out i'm 2cm dilated (not really sure what that means, anyone?!)

he booked me in for an induction on Sunday morning at 10am :shock: feeling very nervous!!

also gave me a sweep today and told me he 'really got stuck in' and expects baby will arrive before Sunday naturally as he thinks he is deffo on his way already :)

i really hope he does make his own way, dont really want an induction but if he's not here by then i will probably be ready to get him out anyway!

only been back from the sweep for an hour and think i'm getting twinges already :oooo: but i am able to convince myself of things that aren't happening so we shall see!!

all exciting stuff though xxx

2cm is a great start. And basically you need to get to 10cm for labour. I had a sweep at 2cm and a week later my baby arrived but everyone different so your LO may come sooner! Yay! x

ooohhh sounds like your well on your way good luck and FX for you xx

Ooh yay how exciting!!! I hope he comes naturally for you bit either way by monday you'll be holding your LO :yay: xx

Good luck hun! hope he arrives soon :) so exciting! xxx

Ah wow. Good luck hun and hope he arrives soon :) xx

Good luck Hun! 2cm's is great, i bet baby comes on his own before sunday xx

Good luck Hun! 2cm's is great, i bet baby comes on his own before sunday xx

i really hope so! just went for a long walk and can feel a lot of pressure down there and have backache but that could just be coz i went for a walk as i've had my feet up for the past fortnight :oooo:

xx

i had a sweep with my 1st and went into labour the same afternoon so fingers crossed for you :)) xx

Hi hunni

MW's dont class you as being in "established" labour til your 3cm dilated, so if where you are is like where i am if you go into hosp and aint at 3cm they will prob send you home again!

2cm is good like the others say, id suggest to keep active and that should get things moving,

So exciting we all on the home run now! xx

Hi hunni

MW's dont class you as being in "established" labour til your 3cm dilated, so if where you are is like where i am if you go into hosp and aint at 3cm they will prob send you home again!

2cm is good like the others say, id suggest to keep active and that should get things moving,

So exciting we all on the home run now! xx

yeah i have no intention of going to hospital until as late as possible! just really hope he arrives before sunday, i feel like i'm on a time limit lol xx

Aw i found it hard with my first all the waiting, i actually went to hosp and got sent home twice before i had her, 3rd time lucky i refused to leave without a baby that time!

Got sent home loads with my 2nd daughter too as i wasnt in established labour and the delivery ward was full to the brim!

Fingers crossed your not waiting til sunday xxx

Ahh it all sounds so exciting!!!!... Bless, you all sound dead peaceful on here, just hope the labour goes just as chilled out!!! :)) Good luck peeps!!

That's excellent news hun. Looks like our lil men are having a race against each other. Who knows we might have them on the same day xxx

How exciting! I hope he comes on his own before sunday x

Aww... Exciting stuff! Fingers crossed he makes an appearance before Sunday! :)

That's excellent news hun. Looks like our lil men are having a race against each other. Who knows we might have them on the same day xxx

yeah i was just thinking its all go now isn't hun. how you feeling? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back