Another consultant appt tomorrow!....updated!

becks20

Reaction score
Hope everyones well! Its my due date tomorrow and iv got to go up the hospital at 4 for a consultant appt that im dreading!! They MIGHT be giving me a sweep but i doubt they will after i stick my foot down to no induction till +10days. really hoping that they let me go over the 10days or i may just cry lol x

Last edited:
Its today and im dreading it! Will let you know how i get on x

Good luck honey x x definately let us know how it goes and what they say x

Just wrote a long page and internet died so short story

No sweep
Rude consultant
Induction booked for 31st
Babys not engaged anymore
And been told if i dont get induced asap then my baby will get stuck and get a dislocated shoulder! Which is crap as its like a 1% chance.
Also got called a liar about having my daughter with no problems. I think i know what iv done!! x

What an awful sounding consultant! Surely you would know if you had any problems with having your daughter!!!! x you know your body and IMO they're often too quick to induce x

Thanks everyone. i nearly burst into tears but im glad i didnt as OH said if i did he would have had a go at her. Iv got a midwife appt tuesday and she will give me a sweep so if hes not here by tuesday at least i can talk to someone who will reassure me. My OH`s nans bday is tuesday and alot of family members have said they have a feeling about tuesday. I couldnt believe her attitude, she recons babys head is 4/5ths palpable which is practically free when last week he was engaged. Im really hoping he comes soon shes proper scared me about him getting stuck :( x

What a cow!! Like Helen said, you know what your body can do, no-one else!

Hopefully keeping busy with the family might trigger something off Hun xx

Sounds like a horrible person you had today, grrrr!
Sending you labour vibes and hoping it all goes well as it did for your first.

Thank you :) I told her my body can do it and she said "Im not saying you cant do it but there are alot of risks" There are risks if i get induced too but if hes gonna get stuck being induced aint gonna stop that isit. Shes even wrote in my notes im measuring 42cm and she didnt even measure me?!?! x

omg what a twat!! how come they said baby would get stuck if they didnt induce?! confused me that bit!! and 2nd babies often dont engage til right towards the end, i know E was completely free on the tuesday and she was here on friday and i never felt like i could feel her engage, whereas i felt K move down! hope you're not feeling to bad cos of the consultant :hug:

Measuring 42 weeks without measuring you????!!!! Is she from this planet? She's off her head! I would insist on not seeing her again if this is what she's like. You don't need such negativity at one of the most important times of your life!

Basically because hes big and hes got a big head (same as my daughters 35.5cm) they recon if i leave it too long he will only get bigger and bigger babies have bigger shoulders, but i dont have "fat" babies my daughter was just long more then fat.

I dont have to see a consultant again till im in labour then ill have a consultant at the birth but i want them outside the room and OH has said he will tell them thats what i want.

Really hoping hes here soon. All this hassle hes causing me lol x

That is just awful :hugs:
those consultants shouldn't get away with treating people like that. Wonder where she gets her research findings from, silly twat.
i really hope you go into labour naturally becks and deliver your baby easily. sending you lots of nice labour vibes for tuesday :)

What a horrible person, I would definitely insist that she has nothing more to do with you or your birth. I would hate her to turn up when I was in labour, good on your OH guarding your door though!! Has she even had children?? I doubt it.

Surely being induced makes contractions quicker and stronger so there is less chance for baby to turn - hence getting stuck?? I admit I've not had a baby yet but not allowing you to go to at least 10 days to try for a natural birth - when baby is ready - just does not make sense to me.

Really hope it comes on Tuesday and you have a fantastic birth just so you can go and see her and say 'I told you so'.

Thanks :) Iv woken up today feeling really happy and i dont know why :/ i havent been like this in over 2weeks lol. I can now bend down again without a burning muscle pain so i really dunno whats happened, his head must have moved out :( woke up with a really strong painful BH but nothing since. Babys still moving :) just cant wait till tuesday so i can get a sweep and hopefully start things off. x

i'd defo be having the door guarded!! my girls had massive heads nd there was never any query about if i could deliver them naturally! you do know you can turn down induction, dont you? just dont want you to feel forced into it by them :hug:

yea, the midwife told me last week that i can refuse so i did till 12days over, they had to write in my notes that id refused an earlier date. I was booked in for induction with my daughter at +12days aswell and she was born on day 7 so really hoping little man does the same. Im hoping my internet doesnt end before tuesday so i can update you all on how it goes at the midwife, as she said baby doesnt feel big and she doesnt know why they think he is as i make "good sized babies" lol iv been reading a bigger baby website and people that have had 10-11lb babies and its really helping me to know what i can do during labour to help him out and ways to deal with things. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back