Another consultant appt tomorrow!....updated!

Well done for standing your ground hun, this is your birth, and they can't make you be induced, what's wrong with seeing how you go nowadays, and as for writing down your big for dates when not measuring you!!!!

Are they things you can do to try to help babys head engage like bouncing on a ball etc?
(sorry never had normal labour!)

Iv been on my ball everyday for a few weeks, his head was engaged but the ball seems to have popped his head out if shes right nyway. My OH`s told me to ignore everything the consultant said and just wait till midwife tuesday to see if his heads down. I just cant see how he was "very low and engaged" last week and this week his head is basically free. it doesnt make sense, i no it can happen but surely not in a week. x

honestly hun, the body's a remarkable thing! you'd be suprised at what it can do! if you saw me, you wouldnt believe i could give birth to a 9lb12 baby, i'm only 5'1 :lol: i too would ignore the consultant, i took bugger all notice of what mine said cos she contradicted herself so much!!

:) I dont even think babys gonna be that big tbh and even if he is bigger then my daughter i dont think itd be by much. I just done some research on the shoulder dystocia and found that being induced or having a section doesnt lower the percentage of children born with it, also being induced can CAUSE the shoulder dystocia as labour is speeded up and baby doesnt have enough time to turn. It also says about the McRoberts maneouver which ill try if he does get stuck. God iv got to remember so much for when im in labour :/ x

thats what your OHs there for :lol: although mine was friggin useless and rreally wouldnt have been any help!!

forgot to say aswel hun, do you have a text buddy sorted? i'd be happy to do the job if you like xx

Good for you for reading up on it and empowering yourself, if that's the only reason she's suggesting induction then she is clearly talking rubbish - esp if she didn't measure you or indeed scan you. Your mw sounds like she's got her head screwed on though so hope she helps you stand your ground.

forgot to say aswel hun, do you have a text buddy sorted? i'd be happy to do the job if you like xx

Buttons is doing it for me but shes due soon and the way this babys going she might end up having hers before me lol. Ill PM you my number as a back up just incase if thats ok :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back