To find out or not!

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Well, I am in a dilemma! We have our 20 week scan in 3 weeks and can't decide if we should stay team yellow or not!!!
This is our first baby and part of me is desperate to find out what we have -I don't like calling my bump 'it' and I like to be quite organised but the other part of me thinks it would be amazing to wait!
Hubby feels the same so we don't know what to do!
Anybody else experencing the same? x

I went through the same.... Hubby was adament he didn't want to know but was happy for me to find out.... we stayed team yellow and I am so glad we have.... 15 weeks to go and I cannot wait for the suprise xx

We initially wanted to know but after talking to my best mate who has 2 girls, she said that it is one of the most exciting feelings in the world finding out the sex after birth. She also said it gave her even more of an incentive to get through all the hard work of labour to find out. We've been converted to team yellow!

I had my scan on wednesday... it's a little boy! I just needed to know really, one reason is i hate the colors yellow and green lol I think the suprise at the end of labour and seeing your baby is more than enough for me... it will be awesome just to see what he looks like!

I went through the same.... Hubby was adament he didn't want to know but was happy for me to find out.... we stayed team yellow and I am so glad we have.... 15 weeks to go and I cannot wait for the suprise xx

Well done for not caving in!!!! I think I need to find a little nickname for my bump so I don't keep calling it 'it'!!!! What an amazing surprise it will be, the thought of hubby being the one to tell me what we've got may be the thing that keeps me from finding out! :lol:

We initially wanted to know but after talking to my best mate who has 2 girls, she said that it is one of the most exciting feelings in the world finding out the sex after birth. She also said it gave her even more of an incentive to get through all the hard work of labour to find out. We've been converted to team yellow!

That's exactly what I was thinking... it would probably keep me going through all the hard bit knowing that I was getting closer to finding out! x

What an amazing surprise it will be, the thought of hubby being the one to tell me what we've got may be the thing that keeps me from finding out! :lol:

This is exactly why I want to stay team yellow and OH wants the suprise too. I have my 20 week scan this afternoon so hopefully will not be deterred. xx

snap we have 20 week scan 3 weeks today cannot wait.....hubby and I are finding out what we are having but keeping it a surprise for everyone else.

I dont know what hubbys reasons are for finding out (think hes just being nosey lol) and if im honest Im impatient too lol. I know it would mean the world to hubby if we had a girl cos he chose the name and the middle name was his grannys name but he prob feels the same about me as middle name is my mums maiden name and dads middle name but whatever we have we will be over the moon xx

We wanted to know for the first 15 weeks, then decided actually no we don't, how many suprises do you get as an adult! x

and as above getting after all that pain and stress finding out what it is! and to say its a ... to all the family etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I wanted to know, and my boyfriend didn't. So we have stayed team yellow :) and I'm loving it! So looking forward to the surprise! I feel really organised. So I don't think you need to know to get organised. It's probably actually saved us money not knowing, as we are decorating the room cream and light lemon, the zeddy and parsnip range from mamas and papa's. The pram is black. We havnt gone over board with clothes and bought white basics and a few wee white and cream things from next, that is just gorgeous. We will get loads of clothes from people so will go a shopping spree when baby is here, and see what we need. And that's appropriate for the weather. Also I love how everyone is guessing what it's going to be, commenting on the shape of my bump, using old wives tales... And I cannot wait to be in that room with my boyfriend when we find out :) so I'm glad we don't know, but everyone's different!

Come on Tara don't give in!!! I'll stay team yellow if you do!!!!

The thing is when they are first born I'm sure that you only really need white things anyway don't you?
Once we know what 'flavour' we've got I'm sure that we'll get quite a few coloured things from family and friends and then we can find cute little things that suit him/her too! xx

snap we have 20 week scan 3 weeks today cannot wait.....hubby and I are finding out what we are having but keeping it a surprise for everyone else.

I dont know what hubbys reasons are for finding out (think hes just being nosey lol) and if im honest Im impatient too lol. I know it would mean the world to hubby if we had a girl cos he chose the name and the middle name was his grannys name but he prob feels the same about me as middle name is my mums maiden name and dads middle name but whatever we have we will be over the moon xx

We are quite close together Kaz, my scan is 22nd May and I'm due 7th October x

Well we have scan on 14th May, determine to stay team yellow, I just hope the legs are firmly closed so we don't even get the option to guess! It must be tempted when you are lay on that bed though, but like you we will be first time parents, no preference, and I'm sure it'll give me the extra motivation to push at the end ;-)

Well we have scan on 14th May, determine to stay team yellow, I just hope the legs are firmly closed so we don't even get the option to guess! It must be tempted when you are lay on that bed though, but like you we will be first time parents, no preference, and I'm sure it'll give me the extra motivation to push at the end ;-)

He he! Yep, I'm hoping that if we do decide to stay team yellow (the likelihood of which is increasing by the minute!) that baby lends a hand and keeps those lil' legs closed tight!!! I said to hubby that if he THINKS he sees something waving in the breeze then it's probably the umbilical cord and NOT anything to do with his input!!!! :rotfl:

He he! Yep, I'm hoping that if we do decide to stay team yellow (the likelihood of which is increasing by the minute!) that baby lends a hand and keeps those lil' legs closed tight!!! I said to hubby that if he THINKS he sees something waving in the breeze then it's probably the umbilical cord and NOT anything to do with his input!!!! :rotfl:

Hahaha, love this, my hubby would say something like that, typical bloke! Do you not find when people ask 'are you finding out the sex' they are shocked when you say no...it is rubbish in terms of buying because things tend to be blue or pink, iv just opted for white, and a few colourful sets from nxt which are unisex. Ah good luck with scan...and do not cave!!!

Well, team yellow is looking more and more likely by the minute!!! Hubby says it'll be hard when we're having the scan done not to just find out but he's quite happy to get an amazing surprise at the end!

Looks like I'll be buying all white for the time being! Good luck to all those trying to stay yellow too! xxx

We are quite close together Kaz, my scan is 22nd May and I'm due 7th October x

We are indeed our scan is 18th May and due 2nd October exciting stuff

On past scan experiences little minion does not lie how they want so will more than likely not give anything away lol xx

I've changed from week to week while oh always wanted to stay yellow. But I'm a nosey impatient bitch so we are now finding out :D xxxx

My scan is 14th may too mrs v!

I wanted to know but changed my mind so I'm not finding out and OH is!x

We intially didnt want to know but when we got there and i was asked by the sonographer i couldnt resist! the fella who did my scan had said well "she" is in the perfect position to know lol. He sounded so so sure were having a baby girl and showed me where we were looking too... BUT I think if we decide to have another baby i would leave it as a surprise simply because we know through experience with the first what to expect etc and as much as it will still be exciting to be having another it doesnt beat the first pregnancy... if that makes sense xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back