• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3d scan or not?

I'm going to book one for 27 weeks. My friend had one and she thought it was excellent, really good quality pictures. Unfortunately it's over £200 where I live.

I wouldn't have a 3D scan, only because I personally don't like the look of them.
But if you want one you should go for it :) x

I had one at 30 weeks and it was the best £60 ive ever spent. Ive watched the dvd of LO everyday since. We're team yellow and stayed team yellow they just didn't look x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Well now its clear as mud!!! Lol...I really can see both sides...arrggghh...I asked oh this morning, he said whatever you want but I could tell he secretly was thinking 130 quid could be better spent, it would be amazing...

My 3D scan was amazing. We did it at 30 weeks. The still pics do look a bit weird and plastic BUT when you are watching it live it's not weird at all because you are watching your baby in real time. It was absolutely magical. I loved it and was excited to see if he looked like his pics when he came out. I'd have regretted it if I hadn't had it done.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I had a private 3d scan at babybond, paid £130 for it, I was 27weeks and 3 days and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it!! Was amazing!!! I am team yellow to, so never found out then either! It was an amazing experience for me and my boyfriend to share. I am green pathway, and have only had the basic 12weeks and 20weeks scan, and I enjoyed them, but at the end of the day they are not for fun, they are doing the scans to check on baby. Where as at the private scan the sonographer asked if we knew what we were having, we said no. And she completely avoided the area. It was amzing to see how developed the baby was, so much had grown from 20weeks, and it was nice reassurance that all was well as hadn't seen baby in 7weeks! It's face was beautiful, and it looked like it kept talking, was having a wee chat to itself, then it gave a wee smile. Could actually cry writing this just thinking about it! Ha...
So yes it's alot of money, and having a baby is an expensive time enough, and there not for everyone, but I cannot reccomend the experience enough!xx

I won't be getting a 3D/4D scan...

Firatly because we can't afford to spend £100+ on a scan and could put the money to better use. I know people who have had them done and the DVD sits in a drawer somewhere and never gets watched! An expensive DVD if you ask me! I already know the sex of LO, so thats not an issue and I'm not bothered about seeing what she looks like before birth, as she will look different when she's here! I'd rather spend the money on something that will be used all the time than once in a blue moon. I've had 3 NHS scans already, and although I'd like another to see she's ok and doing well, I'm happy enough to wait until she's here. Obviously if there was any cause for concern then this would be different! I also wouldn't want to give it to her when she's older, as personally I would find it really creepy if my Mum handed me a DVD to watch and it was me in the womb! Just my opinion though! x

My 3D scan was amazing. We did it at 30 weeks. The still pics do look a bit weird and plastic BUT when you are watching it live it's not weird at all because you are watching your baby in real time. It was absolutely magical. I loved it and was excited to see if he looked like his pics when he came out. I'd have regretted it if I hadn't had it done.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

WSS :)

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

well i think if you can afford it go for it,everyone loves having scans so they can see their lo!! wonder how many people would refuse a 3d scan if it was free???not many in my opinion xx

I also wouldn't want to give it to her when she's older, as personally I would find it really creepy if my Mum handed me a DVD to watch and it was me in the womb! Just my opinion though! x

I have always wanted to see.some kind of scan pic of me in my Mums womb, its just somethin that facinates me, I've wanted my baby for nearly ten years and probably will only be able to afford to have one child unfortunately so for me it was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget, she is 6 weeks old and I still look at the pics when she is asleep, my dvd is simply magic, so incredible to witness, but like you say, we all have different opinions and I respect that, just felt like I needed to explain why lol x :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Hi hon :) Just saw your post... If you think it will reassure you more then I would definitely do it. Are you feeling worried at the moment about things? You haven't seemed too worried... It would be amazing though wouldn't it :) Let me know what you decide to do.... xxx

I booked a 3D scan immediately after my 12 week scan. Its my first pregnancy and the whole NHS experience left me feeling like a piece of herded cattle, which essentially we are. I'm not slagging the NHS off, there doing there job the best they can with the money and resources available. I just want to see more and not have to wait 50 mins after my booked appointment and the sonographer to take the time to tell me what we are looking at etc. my 20 week scan as it happens was a whole different and better experience again, so the 3D scan is going to blow my socks off! and I cannot what :)

Hi hon :) Just saw your post... If you think it will reassure you more then I would definitely do it. Are you feeling worried at the moment about things? You haven't seemed too worried... It would be amazing though wouldn't it :) Let me know what you decide to do.... xxx

I'm not worried at all hun, just really had heart set on having it done, I suppose since we had early scan, but now Its getting closer I'm in 2 minds, I suppose it is the money aspect, as someone said if it was free we would def be having it! I really nd to think about it, so many different perspectives and opinions, food for thought xx

well i think if you can afford it go for it,everyone loves having scans so they can see their lo!! wonder how many people would refuse a 3d scan if it was free???not many in my opinion xx

Good point! I understand too that they are very expensive and not everyone can justify it. I booked mine for when I am 27 weeks, reason being there was a deal on Groupon for a 20 minute DVD and 4 pics for £49!! It is worth over £140 so this swayed me otherwise I probably would have passed.

I know what people mean, some of the photos can look a bit playdoe (sp) like but as its my baby I will think it is the most beautifullist thing alive :)

Thanks for sharing your pic Becci, she's adorable in that one!!

I would go for it Mrs V if you can afford it as you seem to want one...

xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for all your responses ladies, it really was a dilemma for me but I have made a decision based on the fact it was recently my bday and I didn't really treat myself, so this afternoon I will be booking the scan for the 21st June! Very excited!!!

I had a 3d scan with my first baby and this baby also and I can't recommend them enough. Totally amazing and emotional experience :love:

Yey im glad uve decided to have one too :) Mines isnt til the 7th of july as i wanted to wait til i was 30weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back