To all angel parents....a small introduction

bearforanangel

Reaction score
Hello to everybody. I would like to firstly say how sorry I am that we are all in this section of the forum :( as an Angel parent myself I completely empathise with your situation. I lost my first two angels early on in pregnancy, I was completely heartbroken, had no support and even worse because as I lost my babies early on there was nothing tangible to acknowledge their lexsistence. My first loss was a chemical pregnancy and my second loss was a missed miscarriage , (this means my body was still telling and showing me all the signs that into my 9 weeks of pregnancy things were progressing but in fact my baby had died in the womb at 6 weeks,) this made me very determined to make a difference in the pregnancy and infant loss community.

Teagan was lost in April 2010 & soon after Myself & Joe got a teddy bear which we both found helped with the grief so, ​in August the same year, Bear for an Angel was formed to help other bereaved families to get a teddy bear in memory of their child, support where needed and raise awareness of Pregnancy, baby and child loss

​Sadly since 2010 I have lost another three babies early on in pregnancy, Zane in 2011 to a missed miscarriage 12 weeks (7) Twinkle in 2012 to a miscarriage at 5.4 weeks, and Quinn to chemical pregnancy in Jan 2017. We are lucky to be blessed by 2 rainbow baby's in between.

Bear for an angel are determined to make a change,
Our Aims are:
-Provide an emotional support network via our Facebook & Twitter pages to ease the isolation of baby loss
-Connect grieving families via our social media pages & give a bear option a wonderful gift to give to another bereaved family.
-Provide funding of our B.f.a.A bear packages to provide comfort at times of sadness and to make memories in the UK
-Provide free tiny teddy bears and birth certificates for families affected by early loss from 4-28 weeks gestation to provide acknowledgement in the UK
Provide free memorial pages in partnership with Much Loved
-Help families acknowledge their precious babies sadly gone too soon
-Raise awareness of pregnancy, baby & child loss by events, flyers and advertising

Thank you so much for listening to me ramble love Shelly x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back