tmi, but so confused sorry.

claire79

Reaction score
i have not been on here for a while and never thought i would be writing on this page. ( but i think none of us ever did)
i went for a scan in june only to be told my baby had died. i should of been 12 weeks gone but my baby died at 8 weeks. i have found all of this hard to come to terms with. i was told told that my periods would come back to normal pretty soon as i had a d&c 2 months later and still no show. i can not believe that i am will my period to come. i have been to the docs as i have had some brownish like tissue discharge and some times mucus type discharge. she has told me this can be normal.

my question to you ladies is
how long have some of you waited till your periods came back?
has anyone had this or simular?

i am sorry for the tmi but i am worried and could do with any advice.
many thanks in advance
claire x

Claire,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had exactly the same thing (scan in june at 12 weeks, told it had died at 8 weeks). I had a d&c a few days after that and then it took 4 weeks to get my first period although it was not a normal period (fairly light but what did come out was not the usual). After that they have returned pretty normally although my cycle seems to be 30 days rather then the 27 it was before.

I don't know how much of a comfort it will be to you but I found that once things were back to normal 'down there' I also felt much better about everything. I guess it has something to do with the hormones getting back on track. Other than a general sadness that I think I will always have, I feel completely ok.

I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon

x

Hun I am so sorry u had to go through this! I don't know about periods after d&c as my mc was natural. But although I have had a period since although strange, I did get brown discharge between so I think it is normal! Big hugs

Hi Claire,

I am so sorry for your loss ((((HUGS))))
Similar thing happened to me, I was 11 weeks though and started spotting, went for scan and baby had died at 6 weeks. I had a D&C the next day and it took about 4-5 weeks for my proper period to come.
I hope yours comes soon so you can get some kind of closure and move on, I feel your pain I really do, xxxxxxxxxxx

Although it is obviously terrible and I would not wish a missed mc on anyone, I am so glad to have found people who went through the exact same thing as me.

All losses are terrible but having a missed mc seems extra cruel. I felt so stupid when i was told the baby had died inside me weeks ago and I had no idea, like I should have known. I know that there is nothing I did wrong and there is no reason it would happen again but sometimes I wonder how many people actually believe that. Logically I know its true but....

Sorry, this all sounds very negative, I am actually pretty ok with it now. I think I am just letting out a bit of what I felt at the time. I wish I had found this forum then.

Anyway, thank you ladies and I wish you all baby luck and dust for this month

x

Catty, I completely agree, I felt as though I was a liar somehow, walking around, making out I was pregnant for 5 weeks when I actually wasnt, I felt like people thought all my symptoms were bullshit and I must have just been sticking out my tummy. I was also really frustrated that my body wasnt clever enough to start bleeding straight away, why did it take 5 weeks for the penny to drop?!!!
Sorry for ranting xx

Claire79, big hugs to you xx
The same thing happened to me - had 12 weeks scan which showed the baby had died at 7 weeks. It's totally heartbreaking. I started to miscarry naturally literally a couple of days after the scan. This was back at the beginning of May, and I didn't get my first period until the end of July so it took a while for mine to come back.
I was told that my first period after MC could be heavier and more painful than usual and they were very right - it's also very prolonged but I'm getting it checked out by the doctor xx

Last edited:
Mine was very quick - had missed miscarriage end of April - went for scan 8 weeks after pain to be told i had a empty sac measuring 6 weeks 2 days - period returning exactly a month after my bleeding stopped (was natural) and we conceived this little one Hope you have the same X

I really feel for you hun, had the same thing happen to me in march, was 11 plus 5 , and baby had died at 9 weeks. I can only say it does get easier, and talking to others who had the same thing happen, like your doing really helped me , when I was a mess.

re comments from other ladys - symptoms can be less , but are still there , so noone is silly to not realise or know at the time, just your body trying to hang on to it and keep going, which is a good reaction really.

I had a D&C in the end and then got a period 26 days later but it was light , long and strange, but it got back to normal the next month, but ovulation was a little later than normal, so had moved slightly

:hug:to all of your missed MC's and MC ladys out there today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back