Tightenings

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I know I know ive been posting loads the last few days, I'm getting annoying lol. Sorry.

Right I've never had a tightening or a braxton hicks, or at least I've never noticed them so don't know what it feels like. I keep getting pains round my back and front of bump, not agony just period like and my belly goes hard. Is that a braxton hicks. I had a sweep yesterday so it would probably make sense that ive been getting them as that's one of the after effects of getting a sweep. Or is it a tightening? I'm clueless. The babies head will be out and I still won't know if I'm in labour :rofl: x

can you time them at all?? it could be early labour hun

I had just mild period pains with tightenings when I started early labour! I didn't know it was early labour just thought I had a belly ache...

Hopefully its the start of labour! Maybe a due date baby!! :) xx

I would love a due date baby, they are rare haha.

They were regular for like 20 mins but they have stopped now and just feel crampy around my front and back now. Maybe it's just the after effects of the sweep x

Yeah will do. I was going to have a bath anyway and I noticed before that you said the bath wont change real contractions so that might give me an idea if they don't die down. I've been feeling quite lousy today so who knows x

With mine I got my 1st period pain feeling at about 6pm so took a paracetamol and didn't get anything till about 9.45pm then they started to get regular.. So hopefully if it is early labour they will come back in a couple of hours or so!!! Get bouncing on your ball if you have one!! :). Really hope its early labour for you! Xx

Fingers crossed. My BH never affect my back and I feel them more at the top of my bump so it doesn't sound like BH to me. Keep on eye on the tightenings as people do say that labour starts with period type cramps and back ache. xx

Thanks ladies. Think I'll go have a bounce on my ball just now. The ache in my back is stopping me from wanting to go on the ball. I also feel sicky. Not getting my hopes up though cos I've been convinced I'd be a week over lol xx

Does sound promising... But our body's do like to play tricks on us!! FX hun xx

Oh I know I won't believe it's the real deal until I feel strong pain. The very lower part of my back has a constant niggly pain. The sweep from yesterday might just be trying to fool me lol xx

I think I'm having about 2 period and back aches in every 10 minutes, maybe less. Going to have a bath cos if they go away after that it may just be pain from the sweep x

:) the bath should help!! Certainly sped up my labour!

If it's the real thing hopefully won't speed it up too much. My OH is at work lol xx

oooh good luck Emma, hope this turns into something for you x

Me too Cherelle. I had a bath and didn't really have pains but now that I'm out the pains and niggles are back. I don't know what that means. There quite mild so I won't panic just yet haha x

Oooh Emma, really hope this is it for you. xxx

normally any niggles will go away after a bath :) try bouncing on that ball this is when it will be most effective if it is true labour :) im a little excited haha

Haha midnight if I'm honest I'm a little excited too. I need to stop it though or I'll be in a big huff if it all dies down. Meant to be booking cinema tickets but might hold off for now. When I'm on the ball the pain is a bit worse. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back