Stupid Q alert: tightenings...

number2

Reaction score
Wouldn't believe this my second sometimes!

Now when people say getting tightenings/ braxton hicks, this is not the same as when baby 'comes up to the surface' ie when you can feel a hard bum on one side, and your bump looks all lopsided, is it??
I always figured this was just little man trying to stretch a little, must be very cramped in there.
Just never had a tightening feeling all over bump, in either pregnancy, but quite often mr baby takes my breath away with these 'shove your bum to the surface' stuff. I sometimes physically but gently push his back down again.
But this is not braxton hicks, is it??!

No Hun, that sounds lke just baby being a pickle to me, can really be uncomfortable tho can't it.

Braxton Hicks are like tightenings all over tum, when the whole thing goes hard and won't relax for 10-20 secs (that's what I had anyway). But causes no pain at all just strange and a bit uncomfortable too if you get lots. They are usually random , unlike real contractions where I understand they then come in repeating pattern getting more intense with pain (never had labour! but had them with a miscarridge tho)

I only had them with my last baby, and had them from 20 weeks

Last edited:
I get that a lot but I don't think it's BH. I find that I get BH last thing at night when I lay on my back in bed mostly and it feels like the whole bottom of my bump raises and tightens - it also feels like it is slightly pulling on my foof if that makes sense! lol!

It might be baby sticking his bum to one side but it could also be contractions. When I have contractions some times my hole bump goes totally lopsided and looks really strange. it stays like this until contraction relaxes. You should know difference because its uncomfortable or even painful to push back down

Your little man sounds just like mine!! When he stretches I've got to push him back down cos it's so uncomfy! I've never had BH's so haven't a clue what they feel like!

Right thanks girls! Never had bh last time, but just got a bit confused for a min. Still blinking uncomfy though, but I bet he's thinking the same thing too in there.

I'm gonna get OH to shout up my foof 'COME ON!!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back